Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
As the product marketing leader of New Product (Re)Introduction with Zayo, your job will be to work across the organization (Product Management, Sales and Operations) to capture the essence of our new products and clearly market them to our customers. You’ll drive decisions about product messaging and positioning, as well as all the other aspects of how our products go to and compete in the market. You will develop and use Product Playbooks to be the product evangelist and train the organization and key attributes and how to position the product. Your success will be measured by your ability to work with the rest of the Product Marketing team as well as our sales team to maximize the revenue growth of newly introduce products. You will know our competitors; what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. The same goes for our buyers including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You’ll be collaborating with our corporate marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand and regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to success, along with an ability to grasp and present product value propositions to different market segments in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. Tracking performance is critical as is having the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. This role is ultimately the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics Zayo needs to drive success and achieve results in Sales and Marketing. The primary measure of success will be revenue growth.
- Market intelligence and competitive analysis—lead the research into our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria; drive the understanding of our competition and how they are positioned. Maintain strong market intelligence, keeping up to date on industry trends researching the strategies of our competitors and making recommendations for changes to our own strategies
- Collaborate with product management, sales and corporate marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas. Develop a marketing plan for the market segments you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Understand and ensure documentation our buyer’s process, including the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive appropriate change to our sales and marketing processes.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the market segments you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works
- Understand and support our sales channels; ensure training on the problems we solve for our buyers; lead development of internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Oversee the production of product related sales materials, including presentations, blog posts, advertisements and social media posts
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people, leadership, and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred
- Deep knowledge of buyer motivations
- Ability and willingness to travel (appx. 15%)
- Competitive compensation – $144,586 to $151,906
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time