Mobile Product Manager
This role is a key contributor in helping Zen Planner and Daxko (parent company) to develop and launch a new consumer-facing mobile app with a user experience that will be second to none. If you love fitness and mobile - this is your dream job.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the primary responsibility of the Mobile Product Manager is to ensure that our mobile applications deliver maximum value to our customers and meet market requirements.
The Mobile Product Manager is accountable and responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the product, or product components for which they are responsible, from defining and shaping the requirements and building the business case through to product delivery, launch and management through end-of-life. In this position, the Mobile Product Manager will fulfill the Product Owner role on the Agile Product Team.
Product Owners are a crucial position on our Agile Product Teams and play a key role in the success of Daxko products. The Product Owner works closely with the Product Management team, and directly with customers, to understand the market needs. They are responsible for conveying market needs to the Product Team in the form of user stories. The Product Owner is also responsible for prioritizing the backlog based on business value and serving as the point person for the Software Developers and User Experience Designers on the Product Team. The Product Owner participates in standard Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, backlog grooming, and sprint planning. The Product Owner is responsible for acceptance testing of new features to ensure they meet the agreed upon acceptance criteria and overall market need. They are responsible for defining success criteria, ensuring measurement of the necessary metrics, and monitoring and reporting out on progress towards these success criteria.
- Be a trusted subject matter expert in the market. Must understand, in depth, the target market and user base and use this knowledge to guide product decisions.
- To develop market knowledge, it is expected the Mobile Product Manager will:
- Spend appropriate time in the field speaking with customers and observing their use of the product
- Interact with internal stakeholder including technical support and sales teams
- Work with the Design Team to plan and execute primary research
- Consume secondary research from multiple industry sources
- Be a trusted subject matter expert in the relevant product domain. It is expected that the Mobile Product Manager will quickly become an expert in the product from a feature / functionality perspective.
- Author and prioritize User Stories in the Product Backlog to ensure a constant flow of value to market through the Agile Product Team.
- Participate in Team Planning meetings and make yourself available to answer questions, provide feedback, clarification, and guidance during the execution of each Development Sprint.
- Perform product demonstration for internal stakeholders and key customer opportunities.
- Conduct and manage customer feedback sessions.
- Review and accepts or reject completed work from the development.
- The Mobile Product Manager is responsible for Stakeholder Management across all of Daxko (Zen Planner parent company) including Product Marketing, Technical Support, Sales, and Operations. This includes effective communication of product updates both in regular demonstrations of new functionality as well as written and spoken communications as necessary to ensure successful adoption of the product.
- Engaging with stakeholders as required to ensure that all relevant inputs to the Product Backlog have been collected and prioritized.
- Work across Daxko product portfolios to manage dependencies and ensure successful development of dependencies across multiple teams and backlog items and to maintain alignment to the product vision and roadmap.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, ensures that the product backlog is constantly prioritized to ensure delivery of maximum business value.
- In determining relative business value of the backlog items, uses necessary inputs such as customer priorities and the need to address technical debt.
- Detail oriented, manages time and tools effectively, excellent internal workplace communicator
- Excellent communicator in person, on the phone, in email, and with social
- Loves testing out new approaches, knows how to measure the impact and adjust
- Not afraid of conflict – able to check your ego at the door for the benefit of the product and team
- Flexible - change and uncertainty don’t faze you
- Four-year degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant product management, product owner, or business analysis experience in an agile software environment – mobile experience required
- Basic knowledge of web & native mobile software
- Strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to comfortably and effectively present to large groups of stakeholders
- Knowledge and practical experience with Lean Startup methods and tools
- Knowledge and practical experience with Agile development methodologies and Product Owner role
- While experience in the fitness industry is strongly preferred, must either have prior fitness industry experience or history of learning new domains quickly
- Ability to use wireframing tools to prototype new functionality
- Enterprise product management experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience as an Agile Product Owner strongly preferred
- Scrum Product Owner certification a plus
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
The Daxko Nation includes several distinct brands: Daxko, CSI Spectrum, Club Automation, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.