Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions, including nanosatellites, microsatellites, and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT’s highly experienced staff has developed low-cost, flight-proven, high-performance, high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic, commercial, and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO, GEO, Lunar, and interplanetary missions.
Blue Canyon Technologies is currently looking for a talented Mechanical Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on small precision assemblies, work with small tools underneath a microscope, handle delicate parts and optics
- Take ownership and maintain documentation for complex, high-reliability assemblies
- Modify existing mechanical parts using hand and machine tools
- Fabricate parts for precision assemblies
- Be able to identify faulty parts during the assembly process
- Perform standard manufacturing procedures, rework, and repair on manufactured equipment and products
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Be willing to cross train in multiple areas of specialty
- Provide input for continuous process improvement, develop more refined ways of manufacturing and assembling mechanical parts and components
- MUST have experience performing light mechanical assembly (Precision Mechanism Assembly, Electro-Mechanical Assembly, Optical Component Assembly, Aircraft Maintenance, etc.)
- MUST have experience setting up and operating Manual and CNC Machines
- Preferred experience fabricating and reworking parts to precision tolerances (<0.0005”)
- Experience must be documented, please do not apply if you do not have this experience
- Ability to read and work to engineering drawings (blueprints)
- Be knowledgeable/have experience using metrology tools (e.g., Micrometers, Calipers, Multi-meters, etc.)
- Have good manual dexterity to handle small parts
- Be familiar with GD&T (ANSI/ASME Y14.5)
- Possess strong problem solving and communication abilities
- Have knowledge of different tools, equipment, and techniques to manufacture and assemble units according to required specifications
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and written instructions of engineers to manufacture parts or product
This job operates in a light manufacturing/laboratory environment. This role uses manufacturing equipment such as mills, lathes, hand tools, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light to medium physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Affirmative Action Employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics or covered veteran status or any other protected factor.
Please submit a resume and salary expectations