Master Black Belt, Ends Production at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Master Black Belt, Ends Production collaborates with department and plant leadership to deliver improvement for assigned locations using lean six sigma methods and tools. This includes design, deployment and sustainment of lean six sigma systems at all levels of the organization. The position is accountable for collaborative, fact-based problem solving with particular focus on guiding the assigned function or department's drive for productivity and improved stability through delivery of bottom-line project benefits and the cultural shift to systems thinking.
Specific duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead and manage significant process improvement projects, including at least one with an impact of ≥ $1 million in bottom-line savings; secure required commitment and resources from business leaders.
• Partner with regional operations directors and vice presidents to prioritize and manage black belt and green belt projects in accordance with the department's improvement roadmap.
• Mentor and coach black belt and green belt certification candidates through successful completion of projects
• Deliver targeted training for:
- green belt and black belt candidates (DMAIC and project management)
- business leaders (awareness and effective sponsorship)
- general employee population for assigned locations or department (basic problem solving, awareness, specific tools and techniques).
• Collaborate with lean six sigma department to deliver DMAIC training, ensuring technical integrity of learning processes and materials.
• Oversee planning and execution of improvement workshops including sustainment of change for targeted processes.
• Promote use of lean six sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, PDCA, RCA, kaizen, SMED, 5S and design for six sigma).
• Collaborate with BPNCA Quality department and BPNCA Operations function to support complex process analysis, performance reporting and related presentations.
• Assist with identification and successful adoption of best practices throughout the organization.
• Assist with recruiting, interviewing and selection of six sigma black belts and green belts.
• Coordinate with external consultants as needed.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or Management
• Job related experience of seven (7) years minimum combined process, project or/and relevant functional experience actively driving continuous improvement efforts - includes training delivery, certification candidate coaching and support, and leading broad scope projects utilizing lean six sigma tools.
• Certifications/licenses/other: master black belt certification - lean six sigma master black belt certified through a recognized, national organization
• Business acumen, executive presence, public speaking and presentation experience; can successfully deal with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated teaching, training and coaching skills; formal training development and delivery experience
• Effective written and oral communication skills; persuasive influencer and a consensus builder; can pull people to agreement on a change initiative or process design.
• Has the drive and enthusiasm to deliver results and make a difference; able to lean into discomfort and act with courage and decisiveness
• Proven team builder and leader
• Intellectually, emotionally and logically capable and confident; has the wisdom, intelligence and stature to gain credibility from business leaders and become a trusted advisor to senior staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of lean and DMAIC methodology applied to the design or improvement of production processes with functional expertise in manufacturing, product service or engineering
• Organizational strategy development and deployment experience
• Organizational change leadership experience and strong understanding of the principles of change management
• Application experience and skill (MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word; MINITAB, JMP or other stat)
• Large-scale project management experience
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples' differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don't see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans