Manager of Product Operations at CircleCI
As the first Manager of Product Operations at CircleCI, you will serve as the Product Manager for the product management process and the Product organization - building a best-in-class foundation of tools, processes and practices to make it easier for the Product team to ship great experiences to our customers.About Product Management at CircleCI
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy and roadmap and its execution and delivery. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.What you’ll do:
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve the set of information, processes, practices and standards that are common across the Product organization.
- Own the selection, integration, and maintenance of the Product team’s technology stack. Manage relationships with tool vendors, and help drive their adoption across the team. Establish best practices for usage and track the overall effectiveness.
- Maintain the integrity, cleanliness and organization of relevant data on behalf of the Product organization. Work with the Product Managers and their teams to ensure that data is available, and that the correct systems are in place to capture, measure and report data for new releases.
- Set up and maintain workflows and processes to get product-related data out to the key stakeholders and systems on a regular cadence. Perform ad hoc product data analysis to help surface insights for the Product Team and address other stakeholder queries when necessary.
- Help streamline and organize the experimentation process. Keep track of the experiment calendar across all product teams and do any necessary scheduling and sequencing to guarantee clean results. Create, standardize and manage a common experimentation process.
- Collect and organize customer feedback across all channels and distill into key insights to be shared with the rest of the Product team.
- Be a common communication channel and a single source of product expertise for the rest of the organization - be able to share product insights, state of the roadmap, and new learnings. Provide training and enablement as necessary.
- 2+ years direct product management experience
- Ability to work with data, identify what is important, and turn it into key insights.
- Familiarity and comfort with the product tooling stack
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence different audiences
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex business needs and user issues into clean, understandable and actionable feedback
- Work experience in start-ups or evidence you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean environments
- Knowledge of current trends in product management, best practices, and processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.