Manager, Platform Services
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights. Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
The Manager, Product Management for our shared Platform Services products will lead a product management team tasked with designing and delivering the assets that are central to all Alteryx products.
In this role, you will provide product management leadership to a team of six product managers (PMs) and technical product managers (TPMs) distributed between Broomfield, Colorado and Prague, Czech Republic. Your knowledge of shared services and API best-practices will guide the team in developing intuitive and consistent ways for internal and external customers to adopt your team’s products. You will leverage your strong technical background and experience building platform products at scale to set product goals, priorities, and build consensus with product and engineering team members to deliver a platform that delights customers.
**Relocation offerings available (Bay Area, Seattle)**
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- You will lead, inspire, and drive a talented team of product managers to build Alteryx’s next-generation shared services products, including Licensing, APIs/SDKs, and Data Lineage
- You will help define the strategic direction of the products and use your deep industry knowledge to determine and achieve OKRs
- You will identify growth opportunities for the products and manage their lifecycle
- You will work cross-functionally and participate in ongoing go-to-market activities
- You will build the product management talent pipeline; coach, train, inspire, and grow the product team
- You will present product roadmap and plans to internal and external executives
- You have 3+ years’ experience managing external APIs and/or SDKs – you understand how to promote, maintain, and scale them. Bonus if you’ve commercialized APIs.
- You have worked 7+ years as a product manager and have managed product teams; including defining vision, implementing process, and coaching
- You have developed superior written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable speaking to audiences
- You know how to make decisions with imperfect information, and you are comfortable communicating trade-offs to stakeholders.
- You have a true player/coach mentality, with proven ability to inspire and lead team members
- You have built strong project management skills and can manage multiple projects simultaneously; you think strategically and build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment
- You are curious, technical and want to understand how stuff works; you are passionate about building things.
- You have excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- You have taken products to market and can mentor others on the process
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours