Manager, Demand Operations at Sovrn
About the Team
Sovrn has evolved from an SSP to offering multiple solutions that allow publishers to do more of what they love - creating content! As part of Product Operation team, the Demand Operations supports the marketer, advertiser, agency, DSP and ecommerce merchants for Sovrn’s Advertising and Commerce products, including integrations and onboarding; to audience management and campaign setup; monitoring, reporting and optimization; to overall basic account technical support.
About the Job
This is not a typical ad operations role. Your job is to use your expertise as an individual contributor while growing your skills managing a small team to keep the wheels moving across our advertising and commerce business lines. The Operations Manager leads a team of advertising operations specialists and analysts to support the demand functions of sales and account management across Sovrn products (ad exchange, affiliate ecommerce, engagement advertising units, measurement, etc). This role is primarily accountable for:
- Presales analytical support
- DSP and Merchant account creation, setup and oversight for integrations
- Audience deal creation and data implementation and trafficking
- Campaign setup, management, monitoring, reporting and optimization
- Demand sales & account technical level 2 support
- Monitoring performance of product platforms to maximize deliverability
What You’ll be Doing:
- Organize, build and lead the Demand Support group to partner with Demand Sales and Demand Account Managers across Sovrn products to serve the marketer, advertiser merchant or demand customers.
- Participate and manage a small team to integrate, setup, report, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize advertiser campaigns and merchant programs.
- Use analytics to proactively manage and monitor demand side campaigns, surfacing opportunities to improve buyer KPIs.
- Proactively lead the team in understanding the complex nature of the demand platforms, how to partner internally to effectively integrate demand partners.
- As primary owner of the buy side admin tools for each product, drive requirements for a roadmap and plan for projects to support the business including identified dependencies, resource needs, timelines.
- Represent demand support at horizontal business line meetings and partner with internal stakeholders and developers within and outside of Operations to drive successful planning, iterative execution and delivery.
- Monitor network reliability, performance and delivery, triage and escalating or resolving alerts.
- Manage external vendor relationships that enable demand side success.
- Triage technical support requests and escalations and assign to appropriate team members
- Conduct employee 1on1’s to provide candid feedback, and discuss opportunities for development and goal setting.
- Create, maintain, and distribute an ongoing FAQ, support and library of common troubleshooting techniques.
- Help organize workflow as demand support team continues to grow support demand team members.
- Continuously mentors and provides demand team with constructive feedback to help their professional growth.
- Drive constant, data-driven proactive process and communication improvement to optimize execution.
- Encourage innovation, best practices and learning new skills to effectively address problems.
- Lead with empathy when partnering and communicating with peers to optimize cross-department execution.
- Operates with autonomy and evangelizes work.
You should be eager to self-start with a drive to understand. You are analytical but creatively curious and understand data, proactively willing to learn what you don’t know and explore to solve problems independently. You can juggle multiple short-term tasks and big picture, long term projects in a complex, fast environment. You are willing to speak your mind in a candid, concise yet respectful fashion with data to support your position and have a high degree of customer empathy to effectively solve customer problems. Finally, you have a scrappy, incremental data-driven “get things done” mentality to drive toward success.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ad tech industry experience, preferably with some time in an adops role
- Strong analytics skills for basic data manipulation and analysis with tools like Excel and MySQL
- Ability to identify and organize large projects to the task, with indirect management experience delegating and executing across teams effectively.
- Continuous curiosity to understand the root cause and context of ‘why’, giving respect to current methods while questioning the status quo - seeking continuous improvement
- Ability to independently lead and drive initiatives and be proactive in solving problems
- Strong will to partner and collaborate within the organization and cross functionally
- Have a sense of urgency to drive execution and keep things moving
- Ability to speak and write succinctly to effectively influence at all levels of the organization
- Previous management and coaching experience of a direct report
- Hands-on experience with “operations” functions of ad serving, ad exchanges, affiliate platforms or measurement technologies
Location: Boulder, CO
This Position reports to: VP, Product Operations
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!