AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Lead Software Product Manager to be a product owner and cross-functional leader for AMP’s hardware product suite.
As our Lead Software Product Manager, you will work to:
- Product Owner
- Champion AMP’s software product suite through product development lifecycle releases
- Write clear and compelling user stories and/or product requirements to guide development and prioritize features, engage cross-functionally (Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations) to scope and schedule development
- Effectively manage both short and long-term feature development across multiple complex projects in a hybrid hardware-software development environment, reprioritizing product backlogs as necessary
- Strategic Positioning
- Develop strong understanding of market and customer needs through research, customer visits and interviews. Understand customer segmentation and use cases.
- Understand AMP’s strategic and competitive position and set goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with AMP’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Cross-functional Partner
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure new product features and benefits are clearly communicated to customers
- Educate and support all areas of the organization including Sales, Support, and Services - ultimately you are responsible for creating features that are built, delivered with quality, and delight customers
The successful candidate will have:
- 5-7+ years product management experience leading or contributing to strategic product roadmaps from conception to launch
- Demonstrated experience shipping successful software products
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal and intuition for communication strategy. Ability to present to leadership and external audiences.
- Experience using and integrating collaboration tools (e.g. Aha, ProductPlan, JIRA, Asana, etc.)
- Passion for AMP Robotics and what we are trying to achieve in waste recycling
- Ability to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit thriving in a fast-growing startup environment, you live to get things done!
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering or Technology fields or related discipline with focus/experience in software development; MBA a plus
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.