Parsyl is a technology company that delivers IoT enabled supply chain visibility and insurance solutions for shippers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. We were founded with the mission to improve lives and save money by providing a better way to understand the quality of goods we all rely on, from the foods we eat to the medicines we need. We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and comprehensive cargo insurance coverage to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage.
If you’re a team player and would be excited to join a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will work across the company to ensure that our Insurance business is operationally sound. No day will look the same and you will have the opportunity to strategize on and directly improve how we operate.
As an Insurance Technical Assistant on the Parsyl team, you will work closely with our Sales, Underwriting and Product teams to support every aspect of policy submission and administration, as well as supporting general operations as we launch this exciting new insurance business. Strong candidates for this position are excellent communicators both verbally and in writing, extremely meticulous, process-oriented, and inquisitive. A customer-focused mindset is crucial.
We are looking for someone who is excited about joining an early-stage, high-growth company and comfortable in a fast-paced setting. You will play a critical role in the early stages of this new line of business.
What You’ll Get to Work On
- Qualification of new insurance prospects, including:
- Communicating effectively with brokers and underwriters to secure the information necessary to accurately process the business
- Thinking critically about how Parsyl can meet the needs of prospective customers, partnering with sales and insurance operations to push for innovative solutions
- Supporting the insurance sales cycle by:
- Setting up submission packages for our policy administration system and underwriting review
- Providing support throughout the underwriting, sales and claims process
- Preparing and coordinating all transactions and internal processing, including binders, invoices, policies, endorsements, cancellations, renewals, non-renewals and reinstatements.
- Compiling final policies to send to brokers for distribution to Insureds
- Analyzing, refining, and iterating on internal processes to make them more efficient and ensure accuracy
- Monthly reporting for internal and external audiences
- Ensuring Parsyl customers have an unexpectedly delightful experience with their insurer
- 2+ years of experience in the insurance industry (brokerage, MGA, underwriting) with working knowledge of cargo insurance
- Experience demonstrating strict attention to clerical details, transaction procedures, and/or record keeping requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with picking up the phone and calling stakeholders to get answers to questions
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and problem solve with a passion for reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- Willingness to dig deep and ask questions to ensure a thorough understanding of complex risks
- Ability to work well with others in a supportive team environment
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Bonus if you have experience/background in:
- Experience working with Lloyd’s of London and the London insurance market
- Project management
- Fast-paced startup environments
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available