On a mission to bring ticketing into every team’s conversations.
At Halp, we’re focused on creating delight in everyday conversational interactions. We believe that work starts and ends as a conversation between two individuals. Halp is a conversational ticketing solution for modern internal operations teams to assign, prioritize, track, and answer requests from Slack in a message-based interface. Companies using Halp get faster response times, more productive operational support teams, and happier employees. Halp is already used every day by teams at Strava, Home Depot, G2 Crowd, Slack, ClassPass, and many more.
We’re a venture-backed, Techstars Boulder graduate with customers all over the world. Our investors include Slack, Matchstick Ventures, and Next Frontier Capital. We’re rapidly scaling our team and are committed to hiring amazing talent from all backgrounds and walks of life. We’re proud to have been featured on BuiltInColorado’s 2020 Best Small Places to Work. If you're hard-working and want to make a lasting impact on a small but mighty team, Halp is a great place to grow your career.
About the Role:
Halp is looking for a talented Head of Product with a knack for solving problems and a passion for helping team members and customers. Our product and engineering team builds software that helps technical operations teams dramatically reduce ticket resolution time, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity.
As the head of product, you will be our first full-time product person who will own and define our product vision. You will play an essential role in evolving Halp, making a large impact on our rapidly growing company. We seek out action-oriented individuals that aren’t afraid to voice their opinion and value healthy debate as much as collaboration.
You will define the roadmap for the core of Halp, shaping the experiences in our Slack and our web product to create and triage tickets that impact more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Home Depot, and GitHub.
As a product-driven company, our team’s main goal is continuously building empathy with our customers’ core problems to inform our short, mid, and long-term product strategy. You'll lead the charge on everything from initial product concepts through design, development, and success metrics.
What You'll Do:
- Spend lots and lots of time with customers
- Manage a growing list of customer feature requests
- Define and manage the ongoing product roadmap
- Work with engineers to understand technical complexity and estimate engineering effort
- Write stories for new product development
- Define and measure success criteria for engineering work
- Build product usage dashboards and report on success to the entire company
- Define the vision of a product that our customers seriously love. Seriously. See what Josh Senick, Senior Manager, Business Technology Operations, Slack, had to say about Halp: “The second I saw it, I said where do I sign? How do we get this, because this is exactly what I want to do. This is the tool I’ve been wanting since my first day at Slack."
Who You Are:
- A data-driven thinker comfortable with higher levels of ambiguity
- An empathetic listener obsessed with the customer
- A proactive communicator with great follow-through
- Excited about learning from your coworkers and collaborating with people with diverse perspectives
- Willing to voice your opinion but okay with not always being right
- Trend towards focusing on the customer problem and treating technology as a means to an end
- At least 3 years of experience in an data or product role at a software company
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) from a top university or equivalent experience
- Nice to have: Experience working with help desk or ticketing platforms
- Nice to have: Basic coding knowledge and/or SQL experience
The way we work is pretty special.
- Monday memos with detailed updates from each team lead to promote transparency and give everyone a lens into what’s happening across the whole business.
- Company-wide retros on Fridays where we debrief on the week and have an open dialogue about what we want to keep and change.
- Once a week option to work from home (or as we say, Slack-first day).
- Weekly team lunches where we share accomplishments, appreciations, and “in-the-ditches” (things that went laughably wrong).
- Lunch-and-learns — we buy lunch while team members share their subject-matter expertise with the rest of the team.
- Flexibility to work out of either our downtown Boulder office with flatiron views or downtown Denver office above the Milk Market.
We take care of our people.
Competitive salary & stock options
Excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage — we cover 100% of your cost of health insurance and 25% of your dependents’ cost
Unlimited vacation policy
Paid parental leave
Public transit EcoPass
Annual international company retreat
Weekly team lunch on us
Team events and offsites with the best coworkers you’ve ever had
Office kitchen stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Zestful monthly stipend for learning, health, and fitness
Book stipend for continuous education