Group Product Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re a multi-sided marketplace connecting individual B2B buyers and entire companies with restaurants and delivery partners. Each side of our marketplace feels, correctly, that it’s #1 in our hearts. As a Group Product Manager, your focus will be on on the demand side of our business - making sure we help our customers successfully order catering anytime they need it.
What you’ll do:
Translate learnings into action
- Deeply understand the market landscape and needs of our customers
- Collaborate with the design, research and engineering teams to assess value, usability, and feasibility of new product and feature offerings
- Maximize velocity of learning so we’ll quickly know if we’re focused on the right things
Be a leader at the team and squad level
- Be a strong voice in defining what we should build and why, given the intersection of customer needs and market opportunities
- Manage 2-3 PM’s in your product area
- Ensure solutions can be translated into elegant, scalable software
- Guide cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Build and maintain a strong team culture that balances results and relationships
- Effectively communicate your ideas, plans, successes and learnings within the product organization, and to stakeholders outside it
- Own the roadmap for your area of the product
- Help grow Product in our Denver office! Travel to Boston up to 20% of the time will likely be required.
- Create and monitor the metrics that measure and define success for your product area
- Build product that deeply satisfies the needs of our customers
- Clearly articulate how your work maps to the business priorities they’re helping to drive
- Operate with a bias for speed and growing quickly
- 7+ years of relevant product management experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience operating in ambiguous problem spaces. Real entrepreneurial / intrapreneurial experience a plus
- Experience managing people
- Substantial experience working directly with agile development teams
- Experience in user research, bolstered by heartfelt empathy for B2B users
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design
- A healthy dose of creativity surrounded by guardrails of data
- A highly collaborative approach, supported by excellent communication and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of applicable web technologies
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.