DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. Our headquarters are in Denver, CO, with additional offices in Missouri, Oregon, Texas, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a Group Product Manager to join our terrific fast-growing team. This leadership position will help drive our next phase of growth as DAT uses data and technology to intelligently connect everyone in freight.
In this role you will lead and support a team of product managers who run the systems at the heart of our business and drive our eCommerce growth. You will work closely with engineering, design, marketing and sales and be part of the leadership team advancing product management at DAT.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled product manager who can also manage and mentor other product managers. You’ve built products, maybe killed a few for the right reasons and know how to ruthlessly prioritize. You’re collaborative and direct with your team and those around you. We work with low walls between disciplines because we believe good ideas are everywhere and the best products come from fully engaged and fired up teams.
What You’ll Do
- Build great products. You’ll collaborate with your team, engineering, data science, and UX design to define strategy and roadmaps, to prioritize work and clear the way for teams to execute.
- Lead people and mature product management at DAT.
- Measure outcomes. You’ll frame goals and define metrics for your products and teams. You’ll track the outcomes of your work and use data to inform plans and changes to those plans.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of product management experience, at least 3 of which have been in a SaaS or software company. Experience with product management for platform capabilities such as identity and access management, billing or CRM is a plus.
- You have a toolkit of product management best practices and techniques, know what to use when, and can teach and mentor others to use them.
- Know how to define outcomes and define and track the measurements that will track and drive them
- You’re familiar with all stages of the product lifecycle from fuzzy front end to launch to sunset and have executed in most of them
- You’ve driven process improvement within your team and helped them work better with peers across the organization
- You’ve given your team and the development teams you work with clear goals and constraints so that they can deliver.
- You understand building software in the real world and know how to optimize a plan around revenue goals, product health, and customer value.
- You have experience leading and nurturing a team of Product Managers
- You’ve got a track record of delivering successful profitable products
- You are equally comfortable speaking to peers, customers and engineers and know how to adapt your message for each.
- You can articulate complex ideas clearly to any type of audience.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $175,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)