Group Product Manager, Platform at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Group Product Manager to drive Guild's technical shared services strategy and execution.
In this role, you’ll focus on providing leverage so that we can scale the business. This includes everything from front-end and back-end infrastructure, global APIs, data quality and governance, compliance as well as overall system architecture. To do that, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of our products, our data and systems. You’ll work closely with engineering, advocate for and plan the right investments to evolve our platform.
As the product leader for the area you will:
- Partner with our CTO, SVP of Product and senior leadership team to think big-picture and long-term about how our system will need to evolve in the coming years.
- Distill complex technical issues to their essential elements and communicate those elements as necessary to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and execute plans to migrate legacy infrastructure to new technology, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
- Understand the needs of Guild’s product delivery teams and build a roadmap that enables them to move with higher quality and velocity
- Hire, lead and grow a team of Product Managers with diverse backgrounds
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of deep experience in product management or a similar function, with 3+ years of experience managing product managers across a multi-product portfolio, developing and implementing technology systems and services
- Structured and systems thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Helped fast-growth businesses transition from v1 to v2
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000-$170,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth