Global Product Manager – RUO Assays (ADX-191-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is a leading genomic analysis company democratizing precision oncology through a suite of products and services that are highly accurate, personal, actionable and easy to use in local settings. Our Archer® platform, with our proprietary Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry at the core, has enabled us to develop industry-leading products and services to optimize therapy and enable cancer monitoring across sample types. We develop and commercialize research use only (RUO) products, are developing in vitro diagnostic (IVD) products, and offer services that meet the unique needs of our customers and their clinical applications. Our research product portfolio consists of VariantPlex®, FusionPlex®, LiquidPlex™ and Immunoverse™. IVD products currently in development for solid tumor biomarker identification and Personalized Cancer Monitoring (PCM) have both received Breakthrough Device Designation from the FDA. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Are you passionate about precision oncology and improving patient access to personalized molecular detection tools that can be used in local settings? As an RUO Product Manager you will be responsible for bringing new research use products through development and supporting their launch and commercialization. You will orchestrate and lead a collaborative planning process to define and execute the RUO assay strategy to support the Company’s commercial business goals. This role will have responsibility for managing successful RUO launches providing marketing input, identifying key portfolio/feature gaps, and prioritizing feature requirements in support of products designed to accelerate oncology research. As the product owner, you will interact with other departments including R&D, Sales, Project Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Global and Regional Marketing, Customer Support and Finance to ensure that products successfully enter into the market and that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) and assist with the development of user needs pertaining to the development of the product.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Lead the cross-functional product core team through the design and development.
- Work closely with sub-teams to successfully develop and launch assays and software while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Drive new product to market in partnership with the global and regional marketing teams as well as the sales team
- Leverage technical expertise and market feedback to bring new technologies and develop differentiated products that address the market’s unmet needs
- Create and validate business cases for new market opportunities and proposals. This includes creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, market analysis.
- Build strong relationships and collaborations with R&D, Project Managers, Commercial, Finance and other key functions and teams.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Business Development to incorporate regional considerations in portfolio decisions and go to market priorities.
- Ensure successful implementation of our go to market plans to accomplish customer adoption, use goals and financial objectives.
- Own the customer-driven process to define user workflow in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Drive successful relationships with key customers to ensure we understand emerging trends and successful adoption of new products.
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development.
- Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipates precision oncology market trends and demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change (as appropriate) for in flight products.
- Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department.
- 5-10% travel both domestically and/or internationally, as required.
- 3+ years of experience in product management or customer-facing function in the genomics or life science industry.
- 7+ years combined experience in marketing/product management.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to lead by influence, taking multiple projects through a complex development program are required.
- Proven experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Experience working on globally regulated products and/or the development of regulated products is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with financial models and building NPV-based cost justifications.
- Experience working directly with key opinion leaders and conducting voice-of-customer research.
- Drive and determination.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic.
- Fosters mutual trust, respect and is an excellent team player.
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive.
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the Company.
- Proven problem-solving skills, and comfort in working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving business needs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Strategic thinker that understands the NGS and oncology market landscape and the research to routine clinical continuum, device development, and commercial strategy.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Advanced degree(s) in life sciences (ie MS/PhD) required; MBA preferred but not required.
- Strong technical knowledge of next-generation sequencing workflows (sample to data) required.
- Deep understanding of the product development process, project management and NGS and oncology market landscape is a must
Read Full Job Description