Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
In one of our #beautiful offices
Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
We’re looking for an Enterprise Agile Coach with extensive experience at the forefront of modern product delivery. The right candidate will be equipped to help us deliver our mission of facilitating the creation, adoption and continuous improvement of Xero’s global product practice. The right candidate will be a highly valued team collaborator and contributor and be at the cutting edge of modern ways of working within Product. You will mainly coach leadership at all levels, collaborate with those leaders to co-create plans around systemic evolutions, and execute on those together. You will also play a key role in shaping, representing and championing our global Product Practice & Coaching strategy.
Who we are and what’s important to us:
We're the AU arm of Xero’s global Product Practice and Coaching team. We are a tight knit, collaborative team who like to have a good time whilst doing valuable work together. We are looking for a team orientated person to bolster our ranks. We believe that growing each other in a fun and a safe to fail environment helps us to better serve the organisation and our customers. Our team supports each other to work across multiple areas to improve and accelerate the delivery of beautiful products our customers love.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to and champion our CoE’s mission of facilitating the creation, adoption and continuous improvement of Xero’s global product practice as we scale. Helping to shape and drive our strategy for delivering this.
- Have the ability to work across the organisation to coach senior leaders to enable organisational change.
- Help senior leaders and their teams apply modern agile and product principles and practices in their daily work from ideation to delivery, and be an advocate for the mindsets that underpin these.
- Work across a portfolio and take a strategic view of constraints to product delivery and help to optimise the entire system’s ability to quickly deliver beautiful products our customers love.
- Have an extensive background facilitating, mentoring, teaching and coaching senior stakeholders and teams in remote, in person and in hybrid environments
- Support cross functional team collaboration at the senior leadership level to deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
- Focus on building capability in the leaders and portfolios you work with so when you move to another area of focus they will continue to thrive.
- Be a supportive teammate, coach, teacher and mentor to your peers, helping ensure that we are growing and learning, grounded in practice and working together to solve system-wide constraints.
- Be at the forefront of practices emerging from the industry, championing experimentation and a strong continual improvement mindset.
- Have a positive brand and network in the Agile Community, and represent Xero's place as an innovator and World Class Product Organisation.
What you'll bring
- Leadership. You role model great leadership and shift your style and approach to fit the context. You can coach leaders at all levels to uplift their capability to build strong teams and positive cultures where learning can happen.
- Coaching stances. Expertise and confidence in facilitating, teaching, coaching and mentoring all levels of leadership - both team and individually (from Senior Leadership down)
- Change. Extensive experience in agile change management best practices.
- Team. The ability to contribute to and move between multiple teams with ease, shaping environments where multiple teams thrive and improve together. You create a safe to fail environment for your “first team” and are an excellent peer, coach, teacher and mentor who embraces an important role in their personal development.
- Growth Mindset. You will be able to meaningfully contribute to modeling and enabling learning at an organisational level with system-level impacts on growth and learning.
- Influencing skills. Ability to influence at all levels of the organization, from pod to Senior Leadership.
- EQ. Have a high level of emotional intelligence, plus strong interpersonal and communication skills which mean you build effective relationships and influence outcomes at all levels across the organisation.
This role is challenging, complex and rewarding and our AU PP&C team is the homebase where we come to recharge our batteries. We spend such a large part of our waking lives at work and our AU team believes in making that time fun, engaging and full of amazing growth.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.