Engineering Project Manager at Spark Grills
Spark is a venture-backed startup with the ambitious goal of disrupting a stale industry. We are looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join our 25 person (and growing) team. Our ideal candidate has a background in project or program management with experience bringing physical products to market in a small team.
At Spark, you will work with our material science and manufacturing teams to project manage our solid fuel manufacturing system and play a key role in bringing it to life. You will take part in the fuel design process and will be integral to supporting the fuel team through transitions as we scale up. You will also take charge of our test and validation team and manage test resources and planning for both grill and fuel products.
This is a hands on role in a small team, and you will be responsible for making sure documentation is consistent and clear, and prototype and alpha manufacturing runs go smoothly. The work will require creativity, persistence, adaptability in a rapidly evolving business environment, a passion for the unknown, and solid knowledge of product development. We are looking for an A player who can take an early prototype-level design, and create a go-to-market product. This is an important role in a rapidly growing side of our company, and we are looking for a candidate that is hungry and able to rise with the responsibilities.
- Update and maintain best practices related to state gate process, product design (DVP&R, DFMEA), process (PFMEA), product approval test specs and procedures.
- Manage all vendor communications for fuel material and equipment sourcing and ensure that prototype processes run smoothly.
- Manage test plans and ensure that testing procedures rigorously match needs developed in FMEA and DVP&R processes for both the fuel and Grill.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Make the development and manufacturing team more productive overall by proactively removing barriers and supporting them where necessary
- Ensure a smooth transition from design into the manufacturing process with End to End accountability.
- Manage Spark’s test group and support test resource planning for fuel and Grill products.
- Help make Spark an industry leader.
- 5 + Years of product development experience in an EPM, design, or manufacturing role.
- The ability to work within a startup and to intuitively make good decisions in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- An attention to detail and ability to manage your own time as well as others.
- An intuitive grasp of the potential failure modes of a product or mechanism.
- Project Management Certification is a plus.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Testing, Systems Engineering, or related fields required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market based compensation.
- Comprehensive benefit options with a Spark contribution to health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Flexible scheduling and unlimited PTO policies.
- A fun team environment where we value spending time cooking together.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.