Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position serves as a key leadership role for the Product Strategy and Innovation group at Zayo. The successful candidate will lead a team of technical product managers and engineers whose mission is to deliver new capabilities that enhance Zayo’s imprint on the world’s most impactful companies through world class customer-inspired innovation and product development.
The Emerging Products Director will possess a deep understanding of wireline and wireless networking technologies and a broad understanding of emerging technologies that have the potential to drive future revenue for Zayo. The successful candidate must anticipate internal and external business issues and proactively find solutions, take charge of complex projects with notable risk profiles, and develop the strategy for successful project execution.
- Set the direction for a team of experienced technical product managers and engineers in developing innovative solutions that will generate new revenue for Zayo.
- Persuade senior leadership and stakeholders on the merits of the chosen direction for projects, product development activities, roadmaps and budgets.
- Build cross functional stakeholder groups internally.
- Identify and engage with external vendors and partners relevant to support new and on-going projects.
- Develop innovative standards and processes for expedited product development with the expectation of larger organization adoption. The ability to educate others is critical.
- Lead product ideation and early-life product adoption with customers via frequent end user interactions.
- Manage 360-degree development of products including, but not limited to, marketing, billing, engineering, install and operations, and legal.
- Represent the company in customer meetings and with new prospects, including at the executive level. Speak at large engagements on Zayo strategic, innovation solutions.
- Negotiate agreements and terms with partners and suppliers on behalf of the Company.
- Director / Manager: 6-8 years of product or program management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry with 3+ years managing a team. Prior agile development methodology experience is a plus.
- Education: Undergraduate degree with either an engineering or business focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to be persuasive, to create and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Financial Analysis: well-developed financial skills including business case development and financial analysis.
- Product Development: ability to set the direction for the team and drive the successful development of new products leveraging emerging technologies.
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Travel estimate: 33%.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a team of product managers and technical employees.
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the big picture in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
Ideal Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of product innovation and/or new product development leadership
- intellectually agile, visionary thinker
- exceptional quantitative and analytical skills,
- clear and concise oral, written, and executive level presentation skills
- track record of successful team leadership and employee development
- strong interpersonal and project management skills
- ability to strategize, evangelize then execute on a new direction quickly
- Deep understanding of wireline and wireless networking technologies
- Broad understanding of emerging technologies including SDN/Edge/IoT/AV/Cloud
- Base Salary Range- $110,400- $147,200
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.