Director of Supply at FoodMaven
FoodMaven is an innovative online marketplace and rapid logistics company bringing agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system. The company’s goal is to capture and reclaim revenues from lost food, estimated at $200 billion per year. FoodMaven sells high-quality local and oversupplied food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional buyers at about half price. With an efficient online marketplace, big data optimization technology, and agile logistics model, FoodMaven is good for profits, good for people and good for the planet.
FoodMaven is seeking to hire an entrepreneurially spirited Director of Supply who has a rock-solid work ethic, great interpersonal and leadership skills, and the aspiration to make a big impact in the food system. As Director of Supply, you'll be a member of the senior leadership team and work collaboratively with the Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Corporate Development teams. This position is based in Colorado Springs or Denver and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Responsibilities include:
Supply and Quality Organization Leadership
- Lead strategic direction for Supply and Quality Control organization. Support the Mission of capturing lost food by designing, staffing, and leading a team that identifies and leverages worthwhile supply opportunities. Build and oversee a Quality organization that innovates around the understanding and application of marginalized supply.
- Plan and execute scalable supply strategy across multiple MSAs. Drive supply integration in new market acquisitions, scale regional and national supplier relationships to serve multiple MSAs.
- Develop strategy to scale local supply at each MSA. Plan, staff, and direct supply chains that restore local in the food system and support the needs of our customers.
- Lead the Quality Control team to develop scalable quality control processes for application across multiple distribution centers and in various USDA and FDA inspected production facilities.
Supplier Success and Strategic Relationships
- Develop and maintain an active supplier pool that supports food producers and FoodMaven’s bottom line. Define and measure success with suppliers. Grow active suppliers to provide redundancies across categories in each MSA. Identify and grow strategic supply relationships in coordination with other FoodMaven leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years leadership or business development experience
- Alignment with core Mission, Values and Culture of FoodMaven
- Strong data analysis, strategy, and communication skills (verbal, written and active listening)
- Drive, conscientiousness, perseverance to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Collaborative and creative thinker who is solution driven
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years management experience in the start-up space
- Experience building geographically dispersed teams while preserving company model and culture
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and innovative supply chains and business development partnerships
FoodMaven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.