Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This is the ultimate generalist position, focused on driving sales growth in 2 key areas of growth within our industry - software defined networks and cloud connectivity. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution and business development. This role will lead the Product Management effort for the WAN, SD-WAN & CloudLink product sets. The Director will lead a team of Product Managers who are responsible for pricing, product training, sales enablement, positioning and overall sales of this product set. The Director will also be responsible to maintain strong relationships with and generate requirements for the product development and IT teams, to ensure Zayo provides the most seamless experience for our customers when consuming these products. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced product manager to help drive the evolution of this business and have an immediate impact.
- Own the commercial success of the Zayo WAN, SDWAN and Cloudlink businesses
- Be the expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on growth targets
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking
- Develop effective process and process training to facilitate sales, service delivery and enable revenue
- 5-8 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree with business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problem
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of product managers
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Base salary range: $113,362-$122,819
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave