Director of Product at Nymbl Science
Nymbl is searching for an outstanding Director of Product to lead our product efforts to create experiences that older adults will love. She or he will have broad strategic responsibilities around product direction and roadmap, along with a tactical focus on user experience, engagement, and data. This position is for someone who has a solid product resume, along with management experience, and is looking to grow into a VP role in the next 2-3 years.
WHO WE ARE
Nymbl is challenging the believe that older is less.
We’ve developed a scientifically validated digital balance training program that will prevent 1 million falls. It’s an effective and engaging way to train the brain and body to work together, using just a smartphone and in only 10 minutes a day, allowing older adults to preserve and enhance their freedom and enjoyment of life. Up until now, balance training programs have been expensive and high maintenance to implement and haven’t been appealing or scalable enough to be effective. In the US alone, there are 16MM preventable falls at a cost of $30B every year. Nymbl is the proven way for people to see real and lasting improvement, so they try it and stick with it—and then keep living their lives.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- Rollouts with multiple major payers and tens of thousands of users
- Recently closed a round of funding
- Identified target market of 300 additional plans
Our Core Values:
- We are older adult experts and champions
- We achieve excellence as a team and as individuals
- We embrace and drive change
- We invite joy
WHO YOU ARE
- You are someone who is passionate about improving the lives of older adults. Our core mission is to prevent 1 million falls – and you’re as excited as we are about this.
- You love talking with and engaging older adults. Older adults use technology differently, and it’s critical that you spend the time understanding this.
- You have that rare combination of an analytical and creative mind. You can ideate, mock-up, and test solutions. You can also look at data to see what’s working and what needs work.
- You are a solution seeker. Complex problems are your thing. You can bring people together to build solutions together.
- You are detail-oriented with your eyes on the big picture. You execute and add value in the immediate term but also maintain a vision for the future.
- You thrive in a test and learn environment. You love to rapidly test solutions and ways to reach users. You can tell when something starts to work, and you get really excited when it does.
- You are effective in an agile development environment and are an excellent Product Owner.
- You have an unparalleled ability to communicate your results and findings to a variety of people.
- You are comfortable with the intersection of technology and healthcare. You aren’t scared by the science of dual-tasking. You are eager to develop a deep understanding of Nymbl’s solution and how it is implemented and intended to be used.
- You find it thrilling to imagine being a critical team member in a fast-paced startup environment where learning and iterating happens daily.
- You understand the needs of an early-stage company and you’re willing to do what it takes to help us all be successful.
- You have a player-coach mentality. You can guide and mentor others, but also want to be “on the field” doing the work – and have excellent skills in both roles.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN YOUR NYMBL POSITION
- Create a product experience that older adults will love.
- Deeply and empathetically understand our end users. Have a continual pulse on their experience and feedback.
- Work directly with the CEO and Executive Team to set and effectively communicate the strategic vision and roadmap for our product.
- Own the product discovery process, which should be heavily rooted in user research and interviews. Conduct conceptual planning for features and product ideas, including wireframing, design, and prototyping.
- Write product requirements and stories. Participate in grooming, sprint planning meetings and daily standups with the development team.
- Analyze and own performance KPIs, consistently using data to drive your decisions.
- Understand the overall market and keep a close eye on our competitors, including strengths and weaknesses, and develop competitive positioning.
- Build and manage a top-notch product team.
- Represent the company in meetings with prospects and external customers, including at the executive level.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with large-scale SaaS product development including the ability to ideate, technically develop using agile processes, and launch amazing products
- 3+ years of managing, coaching, and guiding high-performance product teams where creative solutions are nurtured
- Proven ability to research, define, and execute product roadmaps
- Extremely high emotional intelligence with the ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the big picture in focus
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health
- Absolutely outstanding communication skills in both large group settings and 1-on-1
- Natural curiosity, an inquisitive nature, and a true desire to learn quickly and grow
- An understanding of startup environment and willingness to break through walls
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently
- The highest level of integrity
Nymbl offers excellent employee benefits, which include health, disability, 401k retirement plans as well as generous paid time off.