DAT is looking for a product leader to join our terrific fast-growing team in Denver, Colorado. This is a new leadership position that will help drive our next phase of growth as DAT uses data and technology to transform an industry.
The Director of Product is responsible for driving the strategy, roadmap, definition, and success of one or more DAT product lines. In this role you will lead and support a team of product managers, product owners and business analysts to rapidly deliver valuable, hard-to-copy solutions. You will work closely with engineering, design, marketing and sales and be part of the leadership team advancing product management at DAT.
Our ideal candidate is skilled as both a product leader and people leader. You’ve built products, maybe killed a few for the right reasons and know how to ruthlessly prioritize. Your team members recommend you as someone who made a positive difference in their careers. We work with low walls between disciplines because we believe good ideas are everywhere and the best products come from fully engaged and fired up teams.
What You’ll Do
- Transform an entire industry with your ideas and products.
- Build great products. You’ll collaborate with your team, engineering, data science, and UX design to define strategy and roadmaps, to prioritize work and clear the way for teams to execute.
- Lead people. You’ll manage and develop a diverse and inclusive team of product managers, product owners and business analysts.
- Uplevel product management. You’ll be a key member of the product leadership team, create a strong product management culture, and develop processes and best practices that help our teams build great products.
- Measure outcomes. You’ll frame goals and define metrics for your products and teams. You’ll track the outcomes of your work and use data to inform plans and changes to those plans.
- 10+ years of product management experience, at least 3 of which have been in a SaaS or software company.
- You have a toolkit of product management best practices and techniques, know what to use when, and can teach and mentor others to use them.
- You have the know how to define outcomes and define and track the measurements that will track and drive them.
- You’ve worked at every stage in the product lifecycle from fuzzy front end to launch to sunset
- You’ve driven process improvement within your team and collaborated with adjacent teams to improve cross-functional work.
- You’ve brought clarity to complex ideas and questionable plans in order to give teams clear goals and constraints so that they can deliver.
- You understand building software in the real world and know how to optimize a plan around revenue goals, product health, and customer value.
- You have experience leading and nurturing a team of Product Managers
- You’ve got a track record of delivering successful profitable products
- You are equally comfortable speaking to executives, customers and engineers and know how to adapt your message for each.
- You have successfully presented at conferences, to customer executives or board members.
- You can articulate complex ideas clearly to any type of audience.
DAT Solutions is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in trucking, freight, and transportation supply chain logistics for 42 years. We wrote the book on freight automation, and continue to transform the industry year over year by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the deepest, broadest, most relevant data, and accurate insights, to help them make intelligent business decisions and successfully run their companies. We operate the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America, with 183 million freight matches in 2019, and a database of $118 billion of global shipment annual market transaction data. DAT Solutions is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Solutions embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.