Director of Product Operations
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Director of Product Operations to the team.
The Director of Product Operations will be a key leader in a business-critical team that manages the technical aspects of academic and client partner integrations. The Director will take the lead on seamless technical launch and management of partners. This leader needs to navigate technical partner operations and client technical operations within Guild and our network. The Director of Product Operations will work closely with product, product leadership, engineering, design and marketing teams to define and drive a strategic roadmap that aligns with business priorities and customer needs.
On any given day in our collaborative workspace you might:
- Engage with senior executive, technical SME, and partners to help strategically craft, evangelize and execute an implementation plan over tight timelines.
- Lead technical release plan efforts for major new product launches and ensure holistic perspective on touchpoints and strategy
- Engage across the organization with various external teams such as Academic Programs, Enrollment Services, Client Partnerships and other key stakeholders while tracking strategic initiatives, actions and deliveries to product launches.
- Build, manage, and prioritize project delivery schedules, status, and risks/issue solutions across major launch initiatives and products.
In this role, you’ll expand your expertise by:
- Manage multiple complex projects – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Bring program management expertise onto the team while prototyping, testing and iterating new and innovative strategies
- Manage multiple partnerships, and technical operations across Guild and with our partners seamlessly
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Manage cross-team & cross-feature launch to ensure that all of the details are sorted and clearly accounted for.
- New client and academic partner launches on the technical side of Guild’s organization launch seamlessly without major changes in requirements at the last minute.
- Ensuring the right information ends up in our technical documentation, marketing, website, and across all internal and external company communication.
- Ensures coach team is alerted on new features, programs, processes and appropriate ways to handle these functions with potential students.
You’ll join a team:
- Of experts with experience managing partnerships in government, higher education and the private sector
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll bring to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Passion for higher education, student success and our mission
- Expertise in managing public and private partnerships, with particular focus on billing and student data exchange
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Servant leadership to a high performing team of university and client partnership professionals
- An understanding of diverse project management principles, processes, methodologies and tools paired with an ability to critically evaluate and implement the right options for each project
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy internally and externally
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!