Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
The Director, Product Launch and Operations is a results-oriented technology leader who is responsible for driving our overall go-to-market process, streamlining operations and working within Product Management and across functions to deliver on strategic objectives. This is a great role for a hands-on leader to manage and drive successful launches of Vertafore products. The role crosses Vertafore and will work with a range of stakeholders including CEO, Executive Leadership, Development, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Professional Services to develop and execute product launch plans ensuring cross-departmental readiness to execute and support launches. The Director, Product Launch and Operations drives change at the individual, team and organizational levels through the adoption and continuous improvement of new processes, tools, and metrics.
- Ensures product organization is setting clear goals for product launches, is adhering to our best practice launch processes, and we are not replicating mistakes of the past.
- Builds and executes product launch plans ensuring operational readiness and developing customer communication and marketing plans.
- Be the focal point for all assigned product launches, and reporting to CEO and Executive Team on launch goals and status.
- Drives continuous improvement of our company-wide go-to-market process, working with all departments to execute and deliver value to our customers
- Collaboratively defines and manages execution of cross-functional projects
- Works with stakeholders across the organization to coordinate plans and share information
- Develops and maintains launch roadmaps, calendars, and other representations of product management strategy
- Accomplishes operational goals by scheduling and assigning tasks and following up on work results
- Assesses Product Management operational performance, identifies improvements, and identifies levers to accelerate changes to process
- Challenges team members to use a disciplined approach for driving consistently excellent product releases
- Fosters teamwork and adherence to new operating norms
- Anticipates and identifies issues that inhibit adoption of best practices or realization of business value and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all other team deliverables and tasks are completed on time and to high standards
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Product Management Operations
Education and Years of Experience:
- At least 5 years of product management, project management, professional services, business operations, management or customer service experience is required, preferably in agile environments
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open late 2021.