Director of Product Marketing
VictorOps is a fast-growing, cutting-edge enterprise software startup located in Boulder, CO. This venture-backed team of 80+ people is changing the nature of incident management — offering software that helps teams recover from problems quickly and build a culture of continuous learning. The company is made up of a strong mix of very talented and driven individuals, with a proven senior leadership team.
Who Are You?
Are you a technologist trapped in a marketer’s body? Will being part of a fast-growing start-up make you want to get up in the morning? Then, read on friend… The Director of Product Marketing will work closely with the product and marketing organizations and will be responsible for managing, steering, and creating product-specific marketing content and programs. This person will have an understanding of how to tune funnel efficiency from product evaluation through purchasing, onboarding, and customer success. A successful candidate will have experience and passion around packaging, positioning, messaging, launching, and evangelizing VictorOps products and features. Our primary languages for developing backend software is Scala/Ruby using an Agile development process.
- Establish product go-to-market strategies as well as leading and managing all product / feature launch activities including cross-functional launch management, messaging, sales enablement, internal training, customer communication, and driving post-launch product / feature adoption.
- Collaborate with sales, product, success, and marketing teams to create effective sales and competitive analysis tools; and to bring the Voice of the Customer into the business.
- Work with product and customer success to understand customer feature adoption behavior. Profile customer behavior, segment customers based on behaviors, and identify strategies to retain and drive upsell opportunities based on identified patterns.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop processes for synthesizing customer and market data to prioritize roadmap items, drive customer value, and optimize go-to-market strategies based on buyer needs.
- Oversee new product go-to-market strategy and launch execution
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to deliver product-specific content and projects
- Work closely with the Content Strategy team to ensure that product message, value, and content is consistent across all touchpoints
- Stay close to the competition by regularly evaluating competitive product offerings, and arming Sales with information, battle cards, and sell-against collateral
- Update competitive matrices, sharing key differentiators and themes to use in integrated campaigns
- Create content that dives deep into specific product features, integrations, use cases
- Collect customer testimonials and case studies
- Continually iterate on buyer / user personas
- Test and validate potential new offerings (features and messages) with prospects and customers
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of marketing / product experience
- 3-5+ years product marketing experience within high-tech environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing – MBA a plus
- Highly driven and self-motivated, comfortable with autonomy and driving initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Ability to operate in a strategic capacity with limited supervision
- Excellent people, management, and organizational skills to interact with staff, colleagues, and cross-functional teams, as well as 3rd parties
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple projects and personalities at all times
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- Free snacks, a rooftop patio, and beer on tap
At VictorOps, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan; paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We believe in work-life balance, and we can prove it.