Director of Product & Manufacturing - Active Living Group at Pocket Outdoor Media
The Director of Production & Manufacturing manages operations of production and manufacturing for print and digital editions for multiple titles. This includes budgets, print costs, managing a production staff and schedules for Pocket Outdoor Media’s enthusiast publications.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Manage multiple titles’ print and production workflow from ad close to delivery of final product.
- Estimate print, paper and delivery costs for special units and other projects.
- Manage print budget with Business Manager(s).
- Manage production staff of ad coordinators, ad designers, production managers, prepress and photo color correction specialists.
- Manage digital edition relations with vendors and channels.
- Assure print and color quality of all deliverables.
- Build and maintain schedules for print and digital release.
- Maintain vital relationships with sales, editorial, Publishers and General Managers.
- Process, code and approve vendor invoices, compare to budget.
- Oversee ad coordinator communications with sales and advertisers for quality service.
What You Bring
- Four year college degree with experience in publishing (consumer magazines
experience a plus).
- 20+ years experience working in a print publishing environment.
- Proficiency in budget model program.
- 10+ years experience in paper quality and pricing.
- Expert knowledge of four-color print production processes and bindery procedures.
- Ability to discern colors for press proof and evaluations.
- Five+ years managing staff with solid leadership skills.
- Mac proficiency with in-depth knowledge of Adobe.
- Excel fluent.
- Well organized with a solid judgment to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.