Director, Product Management at Nylas (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:43 a.m. (MST) on Friday, December 10, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 50,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the team
The Product Management team at Nylas is laser-focused on our platform’s developer experience, making it as easy as possible for developers to integrate with our platform and scale their usage rapidly. The team has full ownership over the tools developers use to integrate and scale on our platform, including the Nylas Dashboard, Documentation, SDKs, Scheduler, Components, and more.
About the role
As a senior leader in the Growth organization, you will hire and lead the growth product team responsible for inflecting Nylas’ growth in a pivotal time as the company expands beyond its connectivity business into providing an entire platform that improves workforce productivity.
You will own a key piece of the company's long-term strategy and roadmap for new growth directions that introduce Nylas to small businesses and enterprises. You will flex your player-coach abilities leading product managers while you execute more complex strategies with engineers, designers, marketers, and sales teams in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a mix of analytical horsepower, steadfast execution, and well-honed user judgment. You will be responsible for delivering best-in-class experiences to acquire new users and convert them into loyal paying subscribers, driving both outstanding user experiences and Nylas’ business goals. You will learn to think holistically about a portfolio of products and the business deeply to set the right long-term direction for your team of PMs and cross-functional partners.
What You'll Do
- Drive a critical company-level growth product vision, strategy, and roadmap that delivers step function change in how SMB and enterprise developers discover, try, and buy Nylas products
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product, engineering, marketing, and sales to influence shared cross-team directions and handle risks or trade-offs.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with executive leadership and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways
- Define, understand, and improve key growth funnels, viral flywheels, and metrics.
- Own complex features and experiments end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Manage, hire, and develop all-star PMs while executing 1-2 complex, advanced strategies
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of experience working with technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms.
- Experience in iterative product development culture is a must. Ideally you’re comfortable talking to engineers about code and can read technical documentation to create product requirements.
- Experience shipping creative and highly successful self-serve products in B2B or consumer tech; involved in end-to-end product process from conceptualizing, building, shipping and scaling products on web, desktop, or mobile clients.
- Deeply understand how your products work and how to measure short- and long-term success. You know every step of the user funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests.
- Build a portfolio of experiments and multi-cycle strategy. You are as comfortable white boarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow.
- Build consensus and listen well, but can also drive hard decisions. You push the pace. You take blame and pass the praise. People love working with you.
- Passionate about metrics and data, collaborative tools and workflow products, storage and security, and creator or influencer space(nice to have)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.