Director of Product Management at Ibotta
As the Director of Product Management, you’ll create the organizational conditions where exceptional product experiences help tens of millions of shoppers save time and money, and drive business impact. You’ll set the strategic direction for the Platform group at Ibotta, hire, develop and grow a team of talented product managers, and help shape a product first culture at Ibotta
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Establish, drive, and evolve the strategic direction for Ibotta’s platform, including vision, strategy, roadmap and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) as we shift our infrastructure from a monolithic stack to a Microservice driven architecture and build out Ibotta as a Platform (IaaP)
- Partner with the Platform groups Engineering Director and architect to incrementally deliver value for the business via IaaP
- Lead, inspire, and motivate, as well as develop and grow, a team of talented product managers
- Recruit and hire equally exceptional talent
- Build strong partnerships with leaders across the company, like engineering, analytics, marketing, sales, and customer support to create seamless, cohesive shopper experiences that deliver business impact
- Shape Ibotta’s approach to product development while building out the future of Ibotta’s core platform
- Enable high-quality, timely execution in a fast-paced, iterative, fluid environment
- Serve as a public face for product development at Ibotta
What we are looking for:
- At least 7 years of product management (technical product management preferred) experience, including 3+ years building and leading a highly effective product team, preferably in a microservice, event-driven architecture
- A thorough, technical understanding - you don’t need to be able to write code, but you need to be able to understand concepts and talk to it with your engineering counterpart
- Swift, high-quality decision making, informed by data, but not paralyzed when faced with a lack of it
- Proven record of hiring, managing and coaching a team of top-notch Product Managers
- Bridge-building that fosters strong partnerships up, down, and across teams, functions, and departments
- Evidence of creating clear, transparent, inclusive, and broadly understood approaches to iterative product development that increase team effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that shepherd stakeholders along and bolster your decisions with focus and brevity
- An ego-free embrace of vigorous debate and conviction that it’s better to be aligned than right
- Seasoned organizational design thinking on how to best structure a cross-functional product development group
- A strategic perspective to say no to good ideas so we can focus on the few, truly great ones
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.