Director of Product Management at Workiva
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. We offer a cloud-based office productivity suite and integrated platform for authoring and filing complex regulatory reports. Our platform enables customers to produce complex documents involving hundreds of contributors, on extremely tight deadlines, leveraging their company's most sensitive data, and where every single word and number must be exactly right.
As Director of Product Management for Connected Processes, you will be responsible for the products and tools within our platform that help our customers manage the chaos of bringing together many people, processes, and data sources to produce an end document or report.
While we pride ourselves on the next-generation collaborative solutions we have created, we are never satisfied. We have some great ideas and we need a leader who can form a vision for the future of our collaboration solutions and lead the team to make it a reality. This role will play a central role in charting the future for our entire platform.
What You'll Do:
- Own complex strategic product goals or initiatives
- Embody Workiva culture and values of collaboration, innovation, talent development, and operational excellence
- Set product vision and strategy
- Act as a mentor to PMs in the organization
- Participant/presenter in internal executive meetings
- Address and resolve organization and interpersonal conflicts
- Act as SME internally
- Encourage lasting transformation on the career trajectory of multiple team members, the operating model of product management at Workiva, and the way we operate or manage the business
- Create and drive standards for product, cross-functional and company-wide communication
- Manage an organization with a combination of individual contributors and/or manager track product managers. Also, may manage support roles.
- Partner with functional, engineering, and product executives across the organization
- Manage significant product launches from end-to-end
- Build working relationships at the highest levels of the company
- Provide specialized business insight to colleagues across the organization
- Regularly influence future product design at the highest levels of the company
- Lead organization efforts to deliver complex initiatives that result in strategic business value
- Deliver significant impact on the business
- Own corporate level KPIs and metrics and plan for and guide decisions to achieve significant improvements on them
- Identify and share best practices across the company
- Ensure consistency across products throughout the company
- Identify and cultivate management candidates
- Actively manage the performance of your team
- Develop and coach the team to improve their skills and prepare them to take on broader and more complex responsibilities
- Develop and coach managers to prepare them to take on broader and more complex management responsibilities
- Hire, develop, promote, and retain employees
What You'll Need:
- 8+ Years of experience in product management, preferably in a SaaS environment
- B.S./B.A. degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, or business; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA is preferred
- 3+ Years of people management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to travel up to 35%
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact every day. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ+), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company-wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.