Director, Product Management at GHX
In this hands-on management role, the Director, Product Management is responsible for the complete Product Lifecycle and commercial management of our Vendormate Credentialing product line. This position leads a team of Product Managers and/or Technical Product Managers, providing strategic and operational direction, motivation, technical support and guidance.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Market Managers, reviews business opportunities to optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, segmentation efforts, market trends, new technology, consumer needs and competitive environment
- Develops strategic business cases and in partnership with the Product Manager and TPMs, creates product roadmaps to deliver on the product vision and delivery; supports the sales process, market requirements, GoToMarket planning and Education
- Collaborates with the Market Managers and other stakeholders to define product roadmaps and go to market strategies that enable achievement of revenue goals and competitively position the solution for future growth
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and serves as an internal voice for the customer on new or already existing products throughout the product lifecycle
- Performs ongoing and formal annual operating agreement (“AOA”) review of commercial roadmap in support of customer needs and business goals, from inception and business case to successful product market acceptance, launch, enhancement and end-of-life while managing the business performance of the product through the lifecycle.
- Monitors and analyzes how well a GHX product is performing, to include product profitability, actual to planned revenue, customer satisfaction, and retention / renewals
- Reviews internal metrics to determine how the product impacts the company operations
- Reviews areas that may impact product profitability, to include product life cycle, quality, technical support, marketing programs, and sales support
- Manages a group of products and services that meet market needs; assesses the health of the portfolio and how components contribute to corporate strategy
- Creates product roadmaps illustrating the vision for the product. Describes the idea or stereotypical users that represent the programming targets
- Writes scenarios for user personas to describe instances of market problems or situations that illustrate why product requirement is necessary
- Supports sales and sales operations on advancing the product(s) visibility, understanding, and when required, direct client sales support
- Reviews the release plan with periodic checkpoints of progress in each of the operational groups
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, or a combination of education and related experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ product management and leadership experience, either leading dedicated indirect teams or direct reports
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service) delivered applications and business models
- Experience with blended delivery models (in source, outsource, partnered)
- Process optimization experience
- Ability to drive results both individually and in a matrixed environment
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and drive projects to completion
- Technical aptitude to understand product dynamics and recommend product enhancements
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of accounting/financial principles
- Strong executive presence
- Highly adept at working collaboratively across multiple business and technical functions
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to be self-directed with strong initiative
- Sound project management skills, and well organized
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.