Director of Product Management
Greater Boulder Area
Director of Product Management, Gliffy
Multiple Locations (Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA)
Want to drive product development for the #1 selling apps in the Atlassian Marketplace? Gliffy, now part of Rogue Wave Software, was founded in 2005 as the world’s first web-based diagramming tool and today, it has become the world's most widely used online diagramming platform! We've made it easy for anyone to communicate their ideas clearly and visually. Over four million people have signed up to use our SaaS application, along with notable customers like Oracle, Twitter, Pandora and Adobe.
Rogue Wave Software, is a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value. Since 1989, our platforms, tools, components, and support have been used across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, entertainment, and manufacturing, to deliver value and reduce risk. From API management, web and mobile, embeddable analytics, static and dynamic analysis to open source support, we have the software essentials to innovate with confidence.
We are currently recruiting for a Director Product Management who will be an evangelist, both internal and external, for our Gliffy business. In this role you will lead the Gliffy product line at all stages of the product lifecycle and closely partner with Atlassian partners. You will also work collaboratively with all colleagues in the Research & Development, Marketing and Sales organizations to drive product improvement and new product development, and to ensure the successful business performance of the product line. The Gliffy team is a tight-knit and collaborative group focused on expanding and launching our product offerings into new directions, while maintaining the utmost satisfaction of our customers and employees. As a member of our growing team, you'll have an opportunity to make a big impact on the business with each decision you make.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Manage relationships with market place partners.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Position the product in the market and develop compelling messaging.
- Assist in developing and implementing the go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Identify and address variances from business plans.
- Identify and analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Identify opportunities for product improvement, line extension, new products, and competitive focused strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of product/pricing strategies and tactical plans for assigned products ensuring that customer and channel needs are being met.
- Develop user requirements and translate them into product solutions that satisfy customers’ needs.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to ensure seamless delivery of strategies within the lifecycle of existing products.
- Manage and enhance product quality, ensure ease of use, and continually evaluate product performance to improve functionality and delivery.
- Perform other activities as assigned.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and the ability to get things done.
- Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious and enthusiastic with strong problem solving skills.
- Willing to take risks and embrace a culture of learning.
- Team player mentality with a customer-focused attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to travel up to 15%.
Work Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in technical field.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in SaaS software.
- 2+ years managing a product sold through Atlassian space or a B2B marketplace.
- Prior experience in UI/UX design.
- Experience with A/B testing for user interfaces and strong grasp of driving user NPS.
- Interest in driving usability improvements across UX/UI and low touch implementations.
Rogue Wave Software is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Read Full Job Description