Director, Product Management
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that is undergoing dramatic change. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make out future even stronger.
We are looking for an innovative, technically savvy candidate with strong insurance industry experience to join out Product Management team focused on the Carrier Market. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of the insurance distribution channel and bring the latest technologies to the Carrier market. As Product Director, you will work with customers and cross-functionally within Vertafore to develop business requirements, lead go-to-market plans, and execute on product functionality targets. This includes increasing the value of existing products and developing new capabilities for the company. You will build features from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a realisty. You must enjoy spending time in the arket to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and will work closely with a product owners and your engineering counterparts to define product release requirements.
You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with the sales, marketing, and key customers to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and the value of your product features.
- Serve as a strategic product thinker while driving and implementing the product roadmap for Insurance Carriers.
- Bring to market revenue generating, customer-driven software products while managing the entire product lifecycle from strategy to execution.
- Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead, create, and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with other groups such as sales, marketing and engineering.
- Recommend pricing strategy, understand competitive positioning for our product offering.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
Skills & Requirements
• Ability to develop and execute a successful product roadmap with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Prior experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred. Experience with insurance carriers a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence decisions in a matrix environment, including senior level leaders.
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
• Successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience
• 5+ years of software and/or technology product management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MBA and/or Pragmatic Marketing training a strong plus.
• This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (25%).