Director of Product Management, Shopper Experience
As the Director of Product Management, you’ll create the organizational conditions where exceptional product experiences help millions of shoppers save time and money, and drive business impact. You’ll set the strategic direction for the shopper experience at Ibotta (web & app), develop and grow a team of talented product managers, and help shape a culture of product development at Ibotta.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish, drive, and evolve the strategic direction for Ibotta’s shopper experience, including vision, strategy, roadmap and objectives, and in turn aim the talents of product managers, designers, engineers, analysts, and data scientists in the right direction
- Lead, inspire, and motivate, as well as develop and grow, a team of talented product managers
- Recruit and hire equally exceptional talent
- Build strong partnerships with leaders across the company, like engineering, product design, analytics, marketing, sales, and customer support to create seamless, cohesive shopper experiences that deliver business impact
- Shape Ibotta’s approach to product development with an outward, forward-looking perspective that melds business goals, customer needs, and market context
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, a/b testing, and analytics to inform product decisions, from the strategic to the tactical
- Enable high-quality, timely execution in a fast-paced, iterative, fluid environment
- Serve as a public face for product development at Ibotta
What we're looking for:
- At least 7 years of product management experience, including 3+ years building and leading a highly effective product team, with recent emphasis on modern, mobile-focused consumer products
- Managing a product like a business
- Swift, high-quality decision making, informed by data, but not paralyzed when faced with a lack of it
- Bridge building that fosters strong partnerships up, down, and across teams, functions, and departments
- Evidence creating clear, transparent, inclusive, and broadly understood approaches to iterative product development that increase team effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that shepherd stakeholders along and bolster your decisions with focus and brevity
- Extensive experience leveraging UX research, market research, and A/B testing methodologies to inform product strategy and arrive at solutions that deliver impact
- Innate, current product sensibilities that strip away friction, deliver customer delight, and push our product forward
- An ego-free embrace of vigorous debate and conviction that it’s better to be aligned than right
- Seasoned organizational design thinking to on how to best structure a cross-functional product development group
- A strategic perspective to say No to good ideas so we can focus on the few, truly great ones
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.