Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for an innovative, technically savvy product manager with strong insurance, finance, or enterprise software experience to join our Product Management team, which is focused on delivering transformational new solutions for the insurance agency market. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of the insurance market and to bring the latest technologies to the agencies we serve and their end customers.
As Director of Product, you will work with customers and cross-functional teams within Vertafore to define priorities and roadmaps, develop business requirements, lead go-to-market plans, and execute on product performance targets. This role will focus primarily on building net new capabilities for the company. You will build features from existing ideas and also develop new ideas, based on industry experience and research, as well as your contact with customers and prospects. Successful candidates will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time in the market understanding our clients' problems, as well as partnering with design and engineering colleagues to conceive and deliver solutions.
You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with sales, marketing, and key customers to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and the value of your product features.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Serve as a strategic product thinker while driving and implementing the product roadmap for your agency-facing products
· Bring to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products while managing the entire product lifecycle from strategy to execution.
· Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights.
· Specify market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
· Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data.
· Lead, create, and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with other groups such as sales, marketing, and engineering.
· Recommend pricing strategy, understand competitive positioning for our product offering.
· Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
· Ability to develop and execute a successful product roadmap with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
· Prior experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred. Experience with insurance agencies and agency accounting a plus
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence decisions in a matrix environment, including senior level leaders.
· Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job
· Successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience
· 5+ years of software and/or technology product management experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· MBA and/or Pragmatic Marketing training a strong plus
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 25% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.