Director, Product Management - Connectivity at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:50 a.m. (MST) on Friday, October 1, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 100,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the role
As Director of Product for Connectivity, you will hire and lead the Connectivity product team responsible for inflecting Nylas’ growth in a pivotal time as the company expands beyond its connectivity business into providing an entire platform that improves workforce productivity.
You will own a key piece of the company's long-term strategy and roadmap for new product directions that introduce Nylas to small businesses and enterprises. You will flex your player-coach abilities leading product managers while you execute more complex strategies with engineers, designers, marketers, and sales teams in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a mix of analytical horsepower, steadfast execution, and well-honed user judgment. You will be responsible for identifying new channel opportunities and partnerships that accelerate developer productivity and unlock new customer experiences that developers build on top of our platform. You will learn to think holistically about a portfolio of products and the business deeply to set the right long-term direction for your team of PMs and cross-functional partners.
- You will lead the team to execute flawlessly and deliver measurable, outsized business outcomes
- You will drive a critical company-level product vision, strategy, and roadmap that expands our API platform to support new industries, markets, and use cases
- You will engage and cultivate relationships with product, engineering, marketing, and sales to influence shared cross-team directions and handle risks or trade-offs. Communicate clearly and crisply with executive leadership and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
- You will define, understand, and improve key growth funnels, viral flywheels, and metrics. You'll own complex features and experiments end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You will manage, hire, and develop all-star PMs while executing 1-2 complex, advanced strategies.
- 8+ years of experience working with technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms.
- 4+ years of experience managing product managers. Additional engineering or technical experience is a plus!
- Experience as a software engineer and/or Computer Science degree is a major bonus!
- Experience in iterative product development culture is a must. Ideally, you’re comfortable talking to engineers about code and can read technical documentation to create product requirements.
- Experience shipping creative and highly successful self-serve products in B2B or consumer tech; involved in end-to-end product process from conceptualizing, building, shipping and scaling products on web, desktop, or mobile clients.
- Deeply understand how your products work and how to measure short- and long-term success. You know every step of the user funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests.
- Build a portfolio of experiments and multi-cycle strategy. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow.
- Build consensus and listen well, but can also drive hard decisions. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass the praise. People love working with you.
- Passionate about metrics and data, collaborative tools and workflow products, storage and security, and creator or influencer space(nice to have)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description