CircleCI is hiring an experienced Engineering Director. We help developers around the world feel confident in their software delivery, and get their ideas into the hands of their customers quickly and confidently. Are you a deeply curious leader with technical and leadership expertise, looking to join a globally distributed, fast-growing Product Engineering team in an exciting space? Then this could be the next step in your career!
In this role, you'll lead and scale a set of teams in our Product Engineering organization, and will report to the VP of Product Engineering. In close partnership with Product and Platform leadership, you'll help your teams accomplish their goals and thrive.
You will drive development of strategies at the organizational and domain level, lead and grow your teams, provide visibility into progress, and help us continuously evolve our organization overall.What You'll Do:
Business value delivery: Take ownership of business goals and lead your teams and our organization to success. Ensure that your team is delivering the greatest possible value to our customers.
Lead and build high-performing, diverse teams, and build out your domain through hiring, developing, and retaining talent. Give your teams the support and autonomy to let them do great work, and hold them accountable for the results. Support continuous development of your staff through coaching, mentoring, and training.
Ensure scalability through balanced investments across new feature development, technical investments, and addressing customer issues. Instill a culture of high-quality software delivery and accountability in your teams.
Support high degrees of visibility to partners and fellow leaders, through regular reporting and leadership approaches supported by data.
Define & deliver business strategies for your domain together with leaders in your space, and lead all aspects of delivery against them. Develop strategies and processes to scale your teams and our organization further.
Contribute to & execute on organizational strategy. Help us continuously improve by growing and building further support structures for our fast-scaling engineering organization through investments in our organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives, together with the rest of our engineering management team.What We're Looking For:
- Experience: At least 9 years of engineering experience. At least 5 years of experience building, leading, and scaling software development teams, including 2+ years experience managing several managers.
- Leadership: You champion continuous learning and accountability and optimize for organizational success. Your decisions are rooted in data and you foster a culture of utilizing data for decision-making with your teams. You have a track record of building strong, productive, inclusive teams, and are invested in your organization's and teams' success and growth.
- Organizational aptitude: You are comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve, change, and new requirements emerge. You have experience growing teams during periods of fast scale. You are able to make hard decisions and tradeoffs, and thrive on high levels of ownership, responsibility, and autonomy. You enjoy working on high exposure projects and tasks.
- Delivery: Together with your partners in the Product team and Platform Engineering, you drive effective, timely, high-quality delivery and achievement of your team’s goals. You apply agile software development processes and practices to drive incremental value delivery and have practical experience utilising and improving DevOps practices in teams. You bring strong experience collaborating with a variety of partners across different roles, functions, and levels.
- Communication: You communicate transparently and openly and have strong feedback skills, and utilize different means of communication to support our distributed teams.
We’re globally distributed across North America, Europe, and Asia, and currently made up of over 90 engineers in 12 teams, and growing quickly. We build, maintain, and scale many of our customer-facing features across three domains: Data & Growth empower the growth of our business through utilisation of experiments and data; Core, the core of our application; and Monetisation, supporting a smooth checkout experience for our customers. We collaborate closely with our Product management team as well as with our partners in Platform Engineering.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.