Director or Sr. Director, Product Manager of Fiber Solutions, East Region
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This role will lead the strategy and execution for Product Management activity in the East Region of Fiber Solutions. The East Region includes VA, WDC, MD, PA, WV, NJ, NY, New England and Eastern Canada. Major Zayo dark fiber markets in the East Region include, NYC, NJ, NoVA, MD, WDC, Philadelphia/Eastern PA, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Central PA, Montreal and Quebec.
Product Management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results. This includes P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions. That includes identifying target markets/segments/customers, developing Fiber Solutions to serve those customers, developing pricing and deal structures to close business, and then managing that business through the sale/install/renewal/re-rate/disconnect lifecycle. This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
Ideal opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced Product Manager to drive the evolution of the business and have an immediate impact. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution to process improvement.
- Own the commercial success and sales of the Fiber Solutions business in the East Region
- P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
- Be the expert on Fiber Solutions product portfolio as well as a key evangelist internally and externally
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis.
- Responsible for identifying target segments/markets/verticals/specific customers.
- Own structuring, economic analysis, pricing and approval of all complex or non-standard Fiber Solutions deals.
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on Sales targets, including consistent quarter-over-quarter growth – includes extensive customer interaction
- Be able to pivot between tactical execution and strategic thinking
- Present solutions persuasively to customers to close large deals
- Direct involvement in evaluating and integrating acquisitions with dark fiber network and customers in the East Region
- Product Manager: 4-6 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus. Solid understanding of Solid understanding of dark fiber, DWDM and Outside Plant ideal.
- Education: Undergraduate degree with engineering or business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications, both written and verbal, to a wide range of audiences.
- Financial Analysis: Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus. Familiarity with Google Earth or other GIS tools ideal.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Negotiate large complex solutions with customers, both financial and contractual terms
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a team of Product Managers
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Detailed oriented with superb organizational
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Ability to travel extensively on short notice
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.