Director, IVD Global Product Management, Solid Tumor Profiling (ADX-307-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
Why the role matters: This individual will play a significant role in shaping the company’s oncology portfolio to address the key needs of the market. Furthermore, this individual will play a critical role in defining the company’s strategic plan to support the long-term growth of the oncology business
Overview: The Director will manage the IVD solid tumor profiling portfolio, overseeing the lifecycle of all products to serve customer needs while supporting overall business goals. Successful candidates are experienced product managers with a strong track record of successful IVD product introductions. Specifically, candidates must have a strong CDx biomarker strategy background and should have working knowledge of the design control process. This individual will work cross-functionally, partnering with various functional stakeholders to translate application-specific customer needs into design inputs, and ushering the product through the development process, ensuring the commercialization of solutions that bring value to ArcherDx’s customers.
- Align with software product management team in defining the solid tumor profiling product strategy and roadmap
- Drive roadmap execution technically and commercially in partnership with the Assay Development, Software, Regulatory, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Regional Sales and Pharma BD, Support, Finance, Quality, Clinical Operations and Manufacturing teams
- Understand and actively assess the market: segmentation, dynamics, trends, regional regulatory landscape. Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipate precision oncology market shifts and customer demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change (as appropriate) for in flight and on-market products.
- Analyze and segment various markets to determine compelling value proposition, competitive positioning, most desirable and critical product attributes and trade-offs, most appropriate pricing strategy and business model
- Develop business cases for new opportunities. Include creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, market analysis and input into the annual marketing budget and metrics that will allow assessment of adoption
- Drive successful relationships with key customers to ensure an understanding of emerging trends and key drivers for successful adoption of new products
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Software, Finance and other key functions and teams
- Partner with Regulatory, Regional Marketing and Business Development to gain regional market feedback and incorporate considerations in portfolio decisions and go to market priorities.
- Lead development of user stories, market requirements and work together with the technical product manager to define technical specifications
- Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department
- Lead core team in product development projects, representing the voice of the customer, while partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the successful introduction of the product into the market
- Own the customer-driven process to define user workflows in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Own early access programs to ensure validation of user requirements and specifications as well as allow optimization of overall user experience to help drive repeat business
- Develop go to market plans in collaboration with assay product managers and global marketing built to achieve revenue goals, ensure successful customer adoption and accelerate ramp to volume
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development
- BS or MS in genetics, molecular genetics, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or related field
- Advanced degree, PhD or MBA a plus
- Strong track record of success in bringing products to market
- Previous experience with IVD product development
- Minimum of 7 years as a product manager
- Ability to build business cases with quantitative market analytics, revenue, NPV and profitability projections.
- Strong understanding of core team processes and product life cycle management
- Strong understanding of product development and design control process
- Ability to lead by influence and drive stakeholder alignment
- Strong understanding of the target market, the customer behavior and decision drivers to understand and explain technical considerations and trade-offs
- Experience with next-generation sequencing technology or complex workflows
- Experience in and knowledge of molecular biology, in vitro diagnostics, medical devices
- Ability to develop support materials (internal and customer-facing) for workflows and applications, and build and deliver compelling, market focused presentations.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion.
- Previous sales, marketing or business development experience preferred
- Up to 20% travel both domestically and/or internationally, as needed and as permitted based on public health advisory
- Can be field based in the United States but Boulder, CO and San Francisco, CA are preferred
Read Full Job Description