Director, Global Product Management RUO/LDT (Remote) at Invitae
Director, Global Product Management RUO/LDT
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Why the role matters: This individual will play a significant role in crafting the company’s oncology portfolio to address the key needs of the market! Furthermore, this individual will play a critical role in defining the company’s strategic plan to support the long-term growth of the oncology business.
The Director will manage the RUO & LDT Oncology portfolios, overseeing the lifecycle of all products to serve customer needs while supporting overall business goals. This position oversees our research use product portfolio for decentralized testing as well as our centralized testing offerings for Oncology clinical research as well as clinical routine use. Successful candidates are experienced product managers with a strong track record of successful product introductions globally. You have solid understanding of the clinical testing space in oncology, understand the hospital lab workflow and economics; This individual will work cross-functionally, partnering with various functions to translate application-specific customer needs into design inputs, and ushering the product through the development process, ensuring the commercialization of solutions that bring value to Invitae’s customers.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Lead a team of product managers
- Align with the cross-functional team in defining the RUO/LDT oncology product strategy and roadmap
- Drive roadmap execution technically and commercially in partnership with all team members and departments
- Understand and actively assess the market: segmentation, dynamics, clinical trends, regional regulatory landscape. Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipate precision oncology market shifts and customer demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change for in development and on-market products.
- Analyze and segment various markets to determine compelling value proposition, competitive positioning, most desirable and critical product attributes and trade-offs, most appropriate pricing strategy and go to market business model by closely working with the Commercial teams.
- Develop business cases for new opportunities. Include creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, market analysis and input into the annual marketing budget and metrics that will allow assessment of adoption.
- Drive successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure an understanding of emerging trends and key drivers for successful adoption of new products and/or expansion of value proposition of existing products.
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Software, Finance and other key functions and teams.
- Partner with Regulatory, Marketing, Sales and Business Development to gain regional market feedback and incorporate considerations in portfolio decisions and go to market priorities.
- Lead development of user stories, market requirements and work together with the technical product manager to define technical specifications.
- Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department.
- Lead core team in product development projects, representing the voice of the customer, while partnering with key team members to ensure the successful introduction of the product into the market.
- Own the customer-driven process to define user workflows in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Own early access programs to ensure validation of user requirements and specifications as well as allow optimization of overall user experience to help drive repeat business.
- Develop go to market plans in collaboration with product manager team and commercial organization to achieve revenue goals, ensure successful customer adoption and accelerate ramp to volume.
- MS or PhD in genetics, molecular genetics, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of next-generation sequencing workflows (sample to data) required.
- Advanced degree, MBA a plus
- Consistent track record of success in bringing products to market
- Previous experience with product management in EU and US markets
- Minimum of 10 years as a product management/commercial
- Ability to build business cases with quantitative market analytics, revenue, NPV and profitability projections.
- Solid understanding of core team processes, product development, and product life cycle management
- Ability to manage teams and lead by influence and drive stakeholder alignment
- Solid understanding of the target market, the customer behavior and clinical decision drivers to understand and explain technical considerations and trade-offs
- Experience with molecular technologies (NGS) and/or complex workflows
- Experience in and knowledge of molecular biology, in vitro diagnostics, medical devices
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion
- Oncology product experience is required
- Up to 20% travel both domestically and/or internationally, as needed and as permitted based on public health advisory
- Can be field based in the United States or Europe
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.