Digital IT Product Manager
The Digital Product Manager will be a key contributor to a growing Digital Product and Digital Team, supporting a strategic roadmap set to improve the digital guest experience and bring that experience in line with the promise of the Aspen Snowmass brand. From feature to function, the Digital Product Manager will hold our guest experience at the highest priority as he or she works to virtually eliminate friction from all digital touchpoints in the guest journey.
The Digital Product Manager will have many responsibilities, including but not limited to business analysis, product ownership, and project management. As an integral member of the Digital Team, the Digital Product Manager will gain consensus on project scope, write detailed requirements, negotiate solution design with stakeholders, provide Quality Assurance for current and ongoing projects, manage internal and external support processes, and provide ongoing support for the business stakeholders related to our guest-facing applications.
Essential Job Functions
• Act as Product Owner in an agile development environment, running sprint planning, standups, backlog grooming, and retrospectives for off-site dev and design teams. Always striving for efficiency and quality output.
• Be a Project Manager who can wear many hats, from vendor management, QA, communication, documentation, project planning, scheduling and more.
• Support Senior Product Manager and growing Digital Product Team in defining the role of Product in a technical/digital setting, defining the products we support and managing the feature roadmap.
• Support the Digital Team strategy by providing effective and timely communication around current issues, possible solutions, and guest impact on all digital applications.
• Write product requirements for development teams, effectively communicating the user story and acceptance criteria.
• Be willing and able to understand and own the full digital ecosystem and customer journey, from concept to implementation.
• Gain a deep understanding of the Aspen Snowmass guest and how digital touchpoints influence and shape both out- and in-resort experiences for them. Always seek to improve the Customer Experience.
• Support and work closely with all stakeholders, including but not limited to the Digital Marketing, Ticketing, and Call Center, in deciding and prioritizing features, design, and functionality related to digital products, throughout the product lifecycle.
• Communicate effectively with senior team members throughout development to convey progress, issues, bottlenecks, opportunities. Offer solutions when needed.
• Learn the details and nuances of ASC’s business, including channels, departments, product models, guest engagement strategies, loyalty programs, marketing plans, financial models, and ski industry complexities, and be able to bring digital solutions to market within this context.
• Business analysis duties, including translating the needs of the business into requirements to be used in development of new features, and improvements on existing digital properties.
• Work with technical teams to refine requirements and estimate delivery time, always refining and reassessing priorities and the needs of the business and customer.
• Act as a subject-matter expert and source of knowledge and expertise in the products you serve.
• Must have a working knowledge of ecommerce, web, and mobile technologies and be able to communicate effectively with both developers and business stakeholders.
• Must be able to translate KPIs into actionable plans and deliver features/products that deliver on those metrics.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Design – Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
• Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 5 years of experience in Product Management or Business Analyst role for a B2C product required
• Experience with JIRA or other project management application is required
• Experience writing requirements for modern web, mobile, or ecommerce applications required
• Experience managing vendors, including development and design firms is highly preferred
• Experience managing products with Agile (scrum) methodology is required
• Experience with mobile products and mobile development is highly preferred
• Experience with enterprise level web content management systems such as Sitecore is highly preferred
• Training or certifications in Agile project management and/or Scrum highly preferred
• Ski, hospitality, or travel industry experience is highly preferred
• Experience with enterprise level CRM systems is preferred
• Experience with web infrastructure in a Microsoft environment is helpful
• Experience with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator is helpful
• Experience using prototyping tools such as Invision is helpful
• Technical aptitude, ability to understand complex systems
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.