Data Platform Sr Product Manager at GHX
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage product strategy and overall direction for an enterprise-wide data platform. This Platform Product Manager leads cross-functionally within the organization to manage the platform.
GHX Common Data Platform (CDP) is a big data platform focused on reducing disparate storage and point-to-point integration between GHX product domains. CDP provides a means through which data producing systems both within and outside of GHX can share their enriched data with the broader organization. This is a leadership role managing the “unified data core” of our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be the internal facing Product Manager of GHX's Core Data Platform
- You will own the discovery and documentation of CDP requirements for the core CDP team, including backlog management, working with internal customers to understand their needs, define success criteria and metrics, and capture business requirements.
- You will have stewardship over CDP milestones, roadmap and planning processes and work directly with engineering on day to day implementation details.
- You will oversee the creation and management of developer portal providing documentation for both producing and consuming systems. CDP provides its internal customers an intuitive admin interface.
- You will manage supporting data governance policies and practices.
- You will be working cross-functionally with Legal, Compliance and Global Technology stakeholders to satisfy non-functional requirements for the platform.
- You will manager creating and implementing business change management strategies and plans that maximize company adoption.
- You will investigate different technologies (both inside and outside the company) and consider how they might be applied to solve a given market problem.
- You will monitor and analyze internal measurements to determine how the product impacts the company operations, looking for areas that might impact product success.
- Sound project management skills
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to be self-directed with strong initiative.
- 7+ years of prior experience with highly technical products, preferably with background in big data and/or complex data-driven applications.
- 10+ years of professional experience, preferably in healthcare. Prior management and leadership experience, either leading dedicated teams or direct reports
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Chicago, Illinois, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)