Consumer Marketing Manager at PopSockets LLC
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its viral PopGrip - a customizable and collapsible grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower and PopLips. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better by supporting our Poptivism program, which includes a platform that enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
Are you passionate about birthing and raising exceptionally successful product babies? PopSockets is searching for a Consumer Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Consumer Marketing Manager will take ownership of a group of product lines, from inception to retirement. Informed by research, for each member of a given product line, the Consumer Marketing Manager will identify key feature requirements, market opportunities, pricing, positioning, and promotion strategies. The Consumer Marketing Manager will work in partnership with shared services, including operations, research, marketing and design, to identify the right target audiences, learn what products members of these audiences would benefit from, determine appropriate marketing strategies to reach these audiences, and measure the degree to which the design and marketing of each product is successful with a given audience.
The Consumer Marketing Manager will (i) be the advocate for the customer in the company, sponsoring research of consumer needs and experiences; (ii) have a complete understanding of marketplace dynamics, brand positioning, consumer targets and product lines; and (iii) work cross-functionally to appreciate and help shape the dynamic marketing funnel that drives category growth and share.
The Consumer Marketing Manager will identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., product, packaging, merchandise, activations and partnerships) in order to create advantage for the brand and Company in the minds and hearts of consumers.
The Consumer Marketing Manager will have a firm grasp of financial analysis (Return on Investment, Value Chain Analysis, SKU Optimization, Channel and Portfolio Optimization, etc.) related to marketing effectiveness, resource allocation and new business opportunities in order to maintain and monitor the health and growth of product lines.
- Ensures brand and product integrity as the product champion and expert
- Plans, implements, and executes successful consumer and trade marketing programs (including brand strategic planning, market positioning, pricing, promotion, advertising)
- Builds product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market
- Contributes to annual brand-planning process
- Sets product planning calendar, coordinates cross-functional activities and planning processes, manages timelines, and ensures timely completion of all deliverables
- Leads the development of strategies and objectives for building and executing year-round brand engagement through partnerships, social media, fan conventions, and other marketing vehicles
- Utilizes category and consumer insights to guide pricing, identify growth opportunities and drive innovation in product development as well as marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with the sales team for specific strategies for channels and
- Represents the company and provides support as needed at various trade shows and conventions
- Plans and executes events and promotions within fan communities
- Provides reporting to allow proper measurement of marketing activities and strategic recommendations based on analysis of ongoing trade and consumer promotion programs
- Interfaces with internal and external customers as well as marketing vendors
- Collaborates with the product and design teams to develop and refine the product lines
- Incorporates research and insights in marketing campaigns and content creation
- Reviews inventory levels and ensures product availability
- Works cross-functionally to determine timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management, engineering or manufacturing departments
- 10 + years of marketing, brand management or consumer segment management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word, Google Docs
- Capacity to prioritize and juggle projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Learning mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, with different styles of communication, across teams
- Ability to work effectively independently
Salary range for the role is 90-120k base, based on experience.
discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.