Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Brand Manager, you will work strategically and tactically to elevate brands within the Travel and Infotainment sector. Brand Managers will oversee the growth and success of one to three brands. Your vision and creativity will lead the direction and voice of the brand. With a passion for digital strategy, you will assist in business development initiatives, brand optimizations, and managing the day to day operations of the brand suite. You will work across many departments learning and contributing where needed to increase efficiency, expedite growth and increase revenue. You will also work closely with the content and email teams to successfully create and execute campaigns for your brand(s). You will manage the relationships with outsourced creative agencies as we continue to build and launch new brands. The role requires an individual with strong creative and technical knowledge and skills, great communication, extreme attention to detail, and a superior drive to learn on the fly and consistently exceed expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Oversee the daily operations within your brand suite, analyzing areas of opportunity
- Maximize optimization of brands by identifying inefficient systems and finding solutions to solve problems
- Create brand and feature specs prior to design and development
- Work with design and development teams to execute initiatives, including overseeing QA
- Assist in the management of outsourcing visual and written content, including the identification of new sources
- Manage revenue opportunities by optimizing revenue per session, user engagement and retention through brand updates, positively impacting the bottom line
- Manage business development initiatives with current and potential partners to implement new advertising placements
- Act as the central communication hub between executives and the brand/content team to help manage requests and streamline processes
- Manage the implementation of email optimization strategies for the brand suite
- Lead cross-functional teams to create and execute supporting marketing plans
- Identify forward-thinking consumer insights, analyze competitive trends, and assist with consumer testing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- 3+ years of experience in brand marketing, project management or other related field
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced atmosphere
- A keen eye for quality design and brand identity
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design tools and websites (desktop and mobile)
- The ability to interpret and synthesize market information and consumer insights into actionable steps
- Knowledge of email optimization and deliverability and the ability to analyze data
- Understanding of HTML and CSS a plus
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong focus on Quality Assurance (QA)
- Desire to learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have creative problem solving and good analytical skills
- Must work well with cross-functional teams
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives in a timely manner and on budget
- Must be a self-starter and thrive in a multi-tasking role
- Attitude to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is needed to get the job done
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!