Associate Product Manager
We have an amazing opportunity for a creative, analytical, and impact-oriented Associate Product Manager to join our team and operate at the nexus of technology, finance, and renewable energy. If you’re looking to build the next iphone app for teenagers or the next SaaS product for agencies this role isn’t for you, but if you want to help build the clean energy fintech company of the future, then by all means, please keep reading!
As an Associate PM at Wunder you’ll get insight into how the infrastructure and tools that power our fintech platform are designed, developed, and rolled out. You’ll gain the skills and experience required to tackle some of the most complex business and technical challenges that fintech or energy has to offer (e.g., programmatic risk mitigation, large high-frequency financial transactions, distributed asset management, workforce efficiency, CX, etc), and you’ll be supported with the resources and mentorship necessary to launch your Product Management career. This role will require a beginners mindset, a willingness to get your hands dirty working alongside our functional teams, and an ability to work with all stakeholders to drive the greatest impact for Wunder.
If you obsess about your users (at Wunder, they’re often your teammates), are passionate about solving complex problems on a daily basis, and want to fight climate change, then this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 1+ year of experience working as a Product Manager in the technology industry, or experience in an adjacent field/role (e.g., management consulting or project management).
- Technically-minded - You love taking business problems and turning them into engineering challenges. You’re obsessed with tracking details, managing the rollout and communication of new initiatives, and you want to dive deep into tech.
- No Ego - No job is too small, and you’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, working alongside functional teams, and sometimes personally “turning the crank to figure out how to build the engine.” You firmly believe that to build the right solution you have to be intimately familiar with the problem space.
- Strong Product Intuition - You pride yourself on your ability to focus on the problem at hand while thoughtfully considering the big picture and overarching strategy.
- Detail-Obsessed - You love digging into data, performing user research, forming hypotheses, and testing solutions.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, finance, and operations, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Equity and unlimited PTO