Associate Product Manager
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Our solution brings together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes. These data sources and partnerships have been established over our history, making Return Path a trusted industry leader.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
Our Product Managers are the lynchpin in the organization – working with many parts of the business to ensure our products are top notch and meet customer needs. In tight collaboration with a Solutions Manager and User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for helping with product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle:
- Contributing to problem and solution discovery efforts by conducting customer interviews and research, and developing and running experiments to validate concepts.
- Writing cards that articulate work to be done by Engineering in support of solutions and production support.
- Driving Agile ceremonies, including planning, grooming, demos, and retrospectives.
- Maintaining a prioritized backlog that aligns with available Engineering capacity and maps to an overall solution roadmap.
- Working closely with Engineering to ensure solutions are ultimately delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Performing validation testing of production releases, bug fixes, and feature requests.
- Interfacing with Sales, Service, and Marketing in order to understand and validate customer ideas and requirements, and provide regular roadmap updates.
- Supporting Knowledge Service and Product Marketing in the development of feature descriptions and new release content.
- Representing and articulating the overall solution roadmap to customers and prospects.
- Conducting solution demos to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders.
- 1-3 years of experience managing an Agile backlog for a technical solution.
- Ability to balance customer needs with available engineering capacity.
- Effective listener that can get to the root of customer problems / needs.
- Confident, clear, and concise oral and written communicator.
- Highly organized.
- Flexibility in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for building amazing products that solve customer problems!
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.