Agile Business Analyst
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and has been a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering (backend and frontend).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for an Agile Business Analyst to join our Boulder team. You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above. You will report to our Boulder-based Bespoke Practice Manager who is responsible for the successful running and delivery of our projects globally.
In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices in Christchurch, NZ (our headquarters), Auckland, and Sydney, Australia. You would collaborate on a regular basis with colleagues from various Trineo offices/locations.
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 60 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars, or ninjas. We're interested in working with levelheaded people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
We’re looking for candidates with experience working with consumer-facing platforms driven by backend systems. Ideally you will have 5+ years of relevant experience; however, we have a team with a variety of skills at different levels and above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best fit and add to our team and culture.
As a successful fit for the role, here are some characteristics you embody and aspire to have:
- Experience with agile delivery methodology (Specifically Scrum and Kanban).
- Experience working independently to deliver results.
- Experience working in a cross-skilled “digital team” consisting of product owners, UX and engineers.
- A strong desire to learn, teach and grow alongside your team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders, and communicate business expectations to the development team in ways so they can produce desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the Product Manager to decompose large Epics into features and user stories that can be understood and approved by members of the development team.
- Help to develop technical solutions to business problems.
- Define, analyze, and document technical requirements and systems.
- Create use cases to help with business analysis, development, and QA.
- Create business and functional flow diagrams.
- Experience creating backlogs, especially within Jira, in collaboration with the Project Manager and Product Manager.
- Write Stories (You're good at providing the “why” for the dev team).
- Work on product requirements identification and management.
- Create and help to define Features/Epics.
- Ensure the product/project meets the requirements and demands of the project’s key stakeholders.
- Participate in and/or facilitate agile ceremonies (backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives).
- Work closely with QA team members to test and approve stories.
Project Management (Preferred/Desired experience)
- Experience with the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of a project.
- Experience with mitigating project risks and tracking project costs.
- In collaboration with the Bespoke Practice Manager, assist with process, tools, and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- Identify and remove impediments if the team is unable to progress efficiently with project delivery.
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, a free EcoPass, Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage, and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.