Four Winds Interactive seeks a Product Manager to work with the Product Management Team. This position will be responsible for managing a subset of the FWI existing software products. This is an important role with end-to-end product responsibilities that spans the whole product life cycle including collaboration with business and technical stakeholders. The successful candidate will help create a product roadmap for new and existing products by understanding the needs of our diverse set of customers and users, and aligning that with other products and the company’s business strategy. The Product Manager is not a person management position.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Support the development team with day to day feature development across the products for which they’re responsible
- Track and monitor various product development progress and escalate concerns
- Act as the subject matter expert to the development team and provide business context
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, analyze, and develop detailed requirements documentation
- Collaborate with UX designers on new features and product usability enhancements
- Manage products backlog on an ongoing basis
- Understand products business performance and user feedback and build strong partnerships with various stakeholders
- Monitor market trends and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with the development team on features level of effort estimates
- Collaborate with the technical writing team on product documentation
- Manage product release activities and interface with various internal teams and external stakeholders
- Participate in Product Management team meetings such as roadmap planning and release planning in addition to other inter-team meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills to synthesize inputs and requirements from a variety of sources into a unified and complete plan.
- Ability to lead collaboratively, working across all groups in the company, to gain consensus and keep all groups working towards a common goal.
- Understanding of software development and systems administration to understand customer needs.
- Proven track record of defining and delivering great products as Software as a service (SaaS) in a B2B environment
- Good at taking broad, ambiguous concepts and distilling them into clear, manageable chunks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
Desired Skills Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with content management systems is an asset
- Experience with managing cross platform software products
- Good understanding of enterprise software
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military service
- 5+ years experience in a Product Management role