HomeAdvisor is seeking an eager and driven Product Manager to join our team in Denver. We are largest home services marketplace in the US; over 40 million homeowners have turned to HomeAdvisor to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
As part of our Product team, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, development, and delivery of the best possible experience that helps homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of designers, Engineers and testers to build the best customer experience.
- Develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape.
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance – specifically user attitudes and behaviors.
- Dig in the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories.
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential for future growth
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Constantly advocate for the user and their needs
- At least 3 years of relevant experience: consumer web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment and a knack for working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed; you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- You don't need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- Analytically minded. All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- You’re comfortable with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results.
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable success and career ambition
HomeAdvisor has been a Top Workplace in Denver for the past 5 years, and we are focused on creating innovative and cutting edge products. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Hitting a roadblock or need a break? Go shoot hoops on our basketball court, or grab a teammate and play a game of pool. Need some fresh air? Grab a bike and explore one of the many trails near our office along the Front Range. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. Join the team and you’ll see why!
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/