Principal Cloud Network Engineer (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We're looking for experienced network professionals to join DISH's Wireless 5G Network Engineering Team that is engineering and building the Cloud Infrastructure supporting our 5G Packet Core. The Network Engineer will join a team of other passionate engineers and bring a start-up spirit to design, evaluate, test, deploy, and optimize DISH's future standalone 5G network. The candidate should also be innovative, analytical, a planner, have strong execution skills, and have the ability to learn, teach, and work in a team environment.
In this role, you will:
- Design, engineering and management of effective and scalable network systems and solutions.
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Candidates should have a solid foundation of networking using Virtual Routers and Cloud Networking functions (AWS-Transit Gateway/VPC/EC2 virtual infrastructure for example).
- Candidate needs to understand network load-balancers, application load balancing, as well as DNS/Anycast solutions
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low level diagrams
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
Skills, Experience and Requirements
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
- Experience in:
- Data Center network design and engineering
- Multi-site architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash)
- Network service protocols such as DHCP/NTP/PTP/SSH
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $165,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.