Personal Finance - Course Instructor
This is a part-time contract position for 7-10 hours per week. Hours are are flexible, though live-sessions will be offered at specific times weekly for one hour, so you must have consistent availability during your scheduled live session times for the duration of the course.
About Guild Education:
Guild Education partners with leading employers to transform their tuition reimbursement policies from cost centers into strategic education benefits programs. Guild works with companies to drive a positive ROI for their education programs through recruitment, retention and cost savings, meanwhile helping employees advance their higher education goals with flexible, online, and affordable programs.
Our platform: Guild’s Education Benefits Platform empowers companies to help working adults go back to school, providing education benefits programs aligned with business goals and education programs working adults love. Guild’s network of 80+ online, nonprofit universities and learning providers offer flexible classes, programs, and college degrees, coupled with Guild's college advising and retention coaching, offering support to each student to help them navigate the worlds of work and college.
Our mission and impact: We pride ourselves on creating a win-win-win for employers, universities, and most importantly, students. The programs in Guild’s Network build an alternate path to help frontline employees advance in their careers. Guild is unique - we're a venture-backed, women-owned business - and we're equally dedicated to our mission and our business.
As a Course Instructor of Personal Finance at Guild, you will:
- Teach 1-2 live, virtual workshops per week (each 1 hour long), potentially during nights or weekends. Facilitate a strong classroom community that is both dynamic and welcoming for students
- Guide students through the course, provide meaningful student feedback, and respond to student communication to best meet the needs and learning styles of students. Instructors will need to commit 7-10 hours a week preparing to facilitate, grading weekly assignments and communicating with students.
- Collaborate with Guild teaching team as necessary to ensure that curriculum aligns with student and employer needs, and make changes and additions when necessary
- Provide meaningful feedback to Guild teaching team on course materials and live-sessions in order to create a consistent student experience and improve the content over time
We’ll prioritize the following experience and attributes as we evaluate candidates throughout the hiring process:
- Passionate about education as a means of social mobility
- Have experience as an instructor or training facilitator
- Familiarity with personal finance content; work experience in the financial planning industry is a plus
- Belief that we learn best in context and can demonstrate experience engaging in practical, real world applications of content
- Committed to continual improvement of your professional abilities and desire to continually deliver the highest quality experience for students.
- Strong computer, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to video conference.
Guild Education believes that a diverse and inclusive team will contribute toward our ability to achieve our mission and will dedicate intentional effort to building a team that reflects that belief.