Wireless NOC Manager at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Wireless NOC will be managing the 24/7 DISH Wireless Network Operations Center. The successful candidate will lead, direct, and manage a group of 5G Network Surveillance, Incident Management, and Fault Isolation and management teams supporting the end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting of the entire 5G platform. The team will quickly analyze service and system issues, determine corrective actions, and implement to restore services.
This position will escalate complex issues to our Advanced Operations and engineering resources and will determine root causes for failure and develop corrective actions. Corrective actions can range from configuration changes to developing new operational procedures. This position will contribute to ongoing process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, maximize hardware/software efficiencies, and increase service up-time leading to an overall excellent customer experience.
In this role, you will:
- Hire & manage a team of highly skilled NS, IM & FIM Engineers and SMEs
- Create and maintain the necessary training programs for capability and skill development
- Engage and escalate issues with the Advance Ops, Engineering & vendor teams when critical/time-sensitive support and resolution is needed
- Drive automation for MTTR reduction, resource optimization & process improvements
- Observe and analyze KPIs and carry out necessary changes for optimum N/W performance
- Assure that the operated network meets the agreed assurance KPIs and SLA
- Manage outages and emergencies
- Handle team expansion, people management, resource planning, recruitment, and appraisals
- Ensure the delivery of customer service excellence
- Work in close collaboration across multiple functions within Dish: RF, Deployment and integration teams, Tech Dev, Core, Cloud Infra, Network Engineering & Market teams
- Drive resolutions for customer complaints (CXO) within service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure effective operational performance and management
- Ensure that Trouble Tickets are updated with all the technical details, troubleshooting MOP's & templates
- Responsible for e2e Incident Lifecycle Management
- Responsible for maintaining the National Level Availability >99.50%
- Document incidents in the ServiceNow ticketing system and manage escalation processes as needed
- Handle internal, external, and customer incident escalations and follow-ups as well as process adherence
- External: interface with Market Operations & RF Teams, OEMs, and vendors for issue resolution
- Internal: prime Interface with CARE, IWR, and Engineering OPs to drive Incident resolution
Skills, Experience and Requirements
As a successful Manager of the Wireless NOC, you will have:
- Bachelor/Master's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of telecom/wireless experience
- Experience managing 4G/5G NOC shift environments and troubleshooting activities
- Able to organize and prioritize dynamic schedules, balance team workloads, and ensure incidents are managed quickly and efficiently for resolution
- Good understanding of 5G functional components (Core, RAN, Network, Transport, PaaS, and gNB configurations)
- Ability to grasp higher-level technology issues and troubleshoot to resolution
- Ability to work under pressure related to the scale of business impact and build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to span departments to assist in resolving network event outages
- Experience analyzing wireless networks, related equipment, and/or performance
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Reliable, open, and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Flexible, analytical thinker
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn new technologies and approaches
- Proactive and possess the drive to introduce new tools and ideas.
- A team leader with excellent leadership skills
- Adaptable and flexible with a "can do" attitude
- Able to build relationships with customers, identifying and focusing on their needs
- Self-motivated, achievement-oriented with excellent people management skills and an ability to perform challenging tasks individually with ease
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.